OpenPandora Design Files Get Open-Sourced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingu View Post
    With how the openpandora is now an open design, the same goes for the planned pyra.

<compromise-land is funny>
    Yeah? no.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: OpenPandora Design Files Get Open-Sourced
      For those unfamiliar with the (Open)Pandora, it's a mini Linux PC about the size of a Nintendo DS gaming handheld and comes with controls that work well for gaming.
      And with a proper hardware keyboard! :-)

Comment

And quality audio, and dual SD slots, good battery life, made in Germany, and a whole range of other worthwhile points to make.

Calinou:
        When you make something free of compromise, or a post worth reading, we can talk.
        I take it you want the most freedom possible, as almost none with added restrictions seems abundant in this day and age.
        Meanwhile the pandora is the biggest project of its kind doing the most for a variation over the theme open.

That is your alternative for what it is, and as with any engineering effort, there are compromises to be made, but it does serve a purpose, and certainly takes strides in terms of aforementioned goals.
        The pyra will be even better in that regard, but taking offence to how its not perfect is the wrong way to go about getting practical freedom to people.

Some part in this is knowing whats what.

Look up the novena laptop, maybe that is what you are looking for, I know I'm looking forward to it, being one of the backers myself.
        Then there is the gcw-zero that is currently in shipping on its way to me and the neo900 that I'm on preorder for, all serving different needs, take your pick.

I'm not aware of any other tangible products in this field, and if the FOSS community means business with no longer just adapting products made with other intentions in mind,
        I think its time to show support for projects that are on home-soil.
        Last edited by kingu; 02 June 2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X