Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SATA 3.0 SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
    I run 2x Samsung EVO 250 in RAID 0 without issue on a SATA 3 system. Its cute to provide links, others like me have real world experience.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but really, sometimes you just have to try it.
    I was talking& linking about the threads' subject, which is NOT Samsung SSDs... yep, you're not trying to be a jerk, just succeeding
    Also, what is a Samsung EVO 250? A new product? Maybe you can send one to Michael to test?

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
      I was talking& linking about the threads' subject, which is NOT Samsung SSDs... yep, you're not trying to be a jerk, just succeeding
      Also, what is a Samsung EVO 250? A new product? Maybe you can send one to Michael to test?
      Samsung EVOs are sold in sizes of 120/250/500/750/1000 GB. What are you trying to pick on?

looks like Samsung does not recommend/support running 840EVOs in RAID, yeah, lol
      I'm sorry if this was a joke I didn't get? Like I said, mine run fine in RAID.

Comment

You're trying too hard. I have a UPS with active PFC that provides up to 60 min uptime with a power outage. My computer is setup to shutdown gracefully far before that. No noise. No high power consumption, ~$150 USD only. Get your facts straight.
        There are no facts. It may work for you with lucky combination of UPS and PSU, but doesn't have to work

Working with our APC SmartUPS SC 620, this PSU was stable at loads up to 360 watts when powered by the mains, but could not switch to the UPS?s batteries even at 280 watts.

APC changes the technology while leaving the model numbers the same. The older units are completely silent during normal operation since the fan only runs under certain conditions, such as when the unit is running off of battery. The newer units have a fan that is always on and the fan is quite loud for an office environment. It is as loud as a noisy computer fan. You can hear it from over 50 feet away. This isn't an issue for server rooms, but it might be an issue for rooms where you don't want the constant humming of noisy fans filling the room.
        Buy APC Smart-UPS SUA1500 1440VA 980W 8 Outlets UPS with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Well I've had my SMARTUPS 1000 for a couple months now. The only noise is the buzzing/coil noise from it, but that can be very annoying when the room is completely silent outside of the ups. I notice the buzzing can be louder or quieter, probably dependent on the electrical system in the house itself. I've never found a UPS that did not have buzzing so far, but it is definitely something that is drowned out by any other noise. I'd say this and the APC RS900 have a similar buzzing loudness.

Comment

Most applications make the CPU starved for data. Which applications are you using that aren't like this?!
          Disk performance has significant weight only in same cases e.g. when files accessed first time like system/application start-up, copying files. CPU and/or GPU are main bottleneck when files are cached in memory.

Comment

Remember #6? It's official now http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/a...er-micron-nand

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              Wow, that sounds criminal.
              It ought to be a crime.

First they release one hardware with new specifications and get great reviews, then later they change the hardware to other low performance components but keep the model name and number.

Comment

And to think I was about to get a V300 drive I saw on sale yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                X