Lini PC Delivers A Nice Haswell-based Xubuntu PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    Good machine, Good price, CPU low consume, GPU graphics good and another specs from mini pc

On windows must be work without problems but on linux (AMD hardware is good but lack software support) driver support is very bad compared from nvidia
    My experience with it in Window$ is indeed nice and power drain very good (thanks also to underclock and undervolting done) , even noise level is better than ATX builds that i had made in the past.
    Very good temps also...i bet it can deal with our Summers with temps of 40C

As for Linux, only experimented with Catalyst and both video playback and the games i played (not many because this machine was build to use Window$ for some months (want reach Level 50 in BFBC2 ) played really well.

I have high hopes that AMD will improve their driver for Linux in the next months, mainly driven by SteamOS "challenge".

As for APU socket, this MoBo uses FM2+ socket that accepts AMD Trinity, Richland, Kaveri, and, in a non-offical manner, it's already "confirmed" that will also support Carrizo

Comment

That's a nice looking case. Does anyone know where I can buy the gray/black one? I'd like it for my own build. All the low profile mini-ITX cases I've seen just look so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Very nice. Price?
        Hard to tell because i used some "salvaged" (build was OK but micro-ATX is too big ) parts from a micro-ATX build....however, by my calculations, if i lived in US, i believe i could make it in same price ranges than Lini PC with these specs that i consider better.

This build have margin to expand, for example, no matter case is so small, i could keep SlimODD and install both a SSD (120GB,) 7mm thick and a HDD (WD 1TB,) 7mm thick using a system where HDD is screwed to drives holder and then, SSD is screwed to HDD using two sideways fiberglass plates.

I done it in the past and works very well.

Another alternative is...

Discard SlimODD, use shorter springs and screws for heatsink installation, and then....brace yourselves.... install a fat 4TB 3.5" HDD and a 2.5" 120/240 GB SSD

This is only possible thanks to AsRock use in this MoBos that weird position for the DIMMs....in this case , is a decisive positive factor.

Comment

Working...
        X