Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
    Video note's

"Sailfish OS installed on hard drive of the Butterfly touch tablet PC convertible.

It uses the Alpha SDK emulator image which runs on Qt5, QtQuick 2.0 and Wayland.

Touchscreen can sometime be seen as irresponsive, but it is only because it is resistive and I didn't pushed hard enough on it..."
    I mean the actual animations were laggy. Not sure that can be blamed on the touchscreen.

Either way... seems like an interesting project. But I don't think it'll ever be relevant.

Comment

How do I unsubscribe from all this nonsense? The thread tools show "Suscribe to this thread..." (not "Unsubscribe...") I can't find a way to unsubscribe in my profile either. I'm subscribed because I replied and have auto-subscribe on. I just can't stand it anymore (LinuxGamer-like brainless posts are an invasion). Please help.

Comment

There's a link at the bottom of the notification email:

[...]
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
        <URL>
        [...]

Comment

Originally posted by Aleve Sicofante View Post
          How do I unsubscribe from all this nonsense? The thread tools show "Suscribe to this thread..." (not "Unsubscribe...") I can't find a way to unsubscribe in my profile either. I'm subscribed because I replied and have auto-subscribe on. I just can't stand it anymore (LinuxGamer-like brainless posts are an invasion). Please help.
          I've never found a way to unsubscribe from a thread but it would be great if one existed.

EDIT - looks like I didn't check since the last upgrade. Go into Forum Actions => General Settings and you can turn off autosubscribe. Even better, the phrase "subscribed threads" is a link you can click on, and that leads you to a screen for unsubscribing.
          Last edited by bridgman; 15 August 2013, 09:21 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

The title strikes me as Canonical is shutting down the entire Ubuntu in a friendly manner...

Comment

Originally posted by Aleve Sicofante View Post
              (LinuxGamer-like brainless posts are an invasion)
              Yes, turn that LinuxGamer crap off (use ignore list). It makes threads 40% shorter and 90% more comprehensible.

As for UbuntuFriendly, good riddance. The Linux ecosystem churns faster than that kind of database gets updated.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                There's a link at the bottom of the notification email:
                Thanks. Gmail was hiding it.

Comment

To repeat myself:

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Trolling aside, it's remarkable that nobody has yet figured out a way to make something like this work. There was Smolt, but it wasn't installed everywhere and has been deprecated due to bitrot, with no actual replacement (there were plans for the census project, but its repository is absolutely empty). The idea behind it is sound, but for some reason we don't have a good implementation yet... And it doesn't sound like a difficult thing to create, either. So what gives?
                  If it was automated and prominently displayed, it wouldn't get out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by yourWife View Post
                    The title strikes me as Canonical is shutting down the entire Ubuntu in a friendly manner...
                    Canonical is Shutting Down was the best part

Comment

Working...
                    X