X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike4
    replied
    Has this been mentioned before? Anyway have a look at:

My logitech cordless mouse always worked fine, also my webcam but I miss features alike zoom, change resolution etc. Hence I'm still waiting for a logitech
    driver alike on Windows.

Leave a comment:

• Ishayu
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucic View Post
    For those who don't know the G500's scroll wheel button needs a damn kilogram of force to actuate and this is only a sample of all of the problems with the wheel. Don't buy it before you fry it for yourself in a shop!
    Total bull. I've been playing World of Warcraft with one of my most important abilities bound to the middle mouse button using a G500 for what... 4 years now? Not only has it not broken on me, but I find it extremely easy to activate the button.

On the other hand, I tried out a Razer Naga for a few months during the middle of 2011 and that shit broke on me literally instantly. If you wanna talk about cheap china plastic crap talk about Razer.

Leave a comment:

• Bucic
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    It depends on the product, as always. My G500 and G11 have been fine for 3.5 years already and they do not show any sign of weakness, both work perfectly on Linux (minus the programmable keys on keyboard, which are considered as F-keys... the buttons on the mouse work, that's more important). However, some (wireless) headset I bought from them had a poor (but working) Linux compatibility and broke after a few months of use.

Overpriced? You can find G500s for less than 45 euros today (there was even one at 28 euros on sale, a few weeks ago). No other "gaming" mouse has better quality/price ratio.
    G500 has THE worst scroll Wheel there is in any Mouse, from aby price range. Specifically - the three buttons tied to it. So, yeah, it lasts, making it a crap that lasts.

For those who don't know the G500's scroll wheel button needs a damn kilogram of force to actuate and this is only a sample of all of the problems with the wheel. Don't buy it before you fry it for yourself in a shop!

G500 is only this cheap because it's an old model.

As for the Linux support. I'll wait until it maniffests itself in the Linux, not on some website or boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Tiger_Coder
    replied
    I have some strange problems with Logitech mouse. I use a very generic Logitech B100 mouse. When I updated to Kernel 3.8 (linux-image-its-raring) on Ubuntu 12.04, my PC crashes with recursive kernel call when booted. Some inspection suggest the problem start just after the mouse is detected. I disconnect the mouse and the PC booted well. Also when I reconnect while the PC on, it don't crash. But when booting, if the mouse is connected, Kernel crash. A USB device can crash kernel is not what I expected from Linux.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    And that is supposed to convince me otherwise
    No. I'm only stating personal experience, like everybody else here.

Leave a comment:

• Nepenthes
    replied
    Actually, Logitech did support Linux users back in the days, with their Squeezebox WLAN music player : open source server (coded in PERL) and firmware, FLAC and OGG support, community friendly staff, official wiki, many GPL plugins.
    It was also some really good piece of harware (good connectors, solid box).

They completely dropped this support last year, replacing high quality Squeezebox models by cheap UE "Smart Radio" models, designed to be controlled from Window 8/Tablet PC/OSX, without even a real configurable multi OS server. What they call "community" now is only a music based "social network", with no info for plugin dev and audiophiles.

I'm not saying "thank you" to Logitech because they added mouse/keyboard compatibility information on their website, while they dropped Linux support for their best audio product...

Leave a comment:

• efikkan
    replied
    Originally posted by droste View Post
    Mouse: Logitech MX510 lasts since 2004 and is still as good as on the first day
    Keyboard: Logitech Internet Navigator lasts since ~2003 and is also as good as on the first day

I'm not planning to replace the mouse or the keyboard in the next few years. I think your statement is a bit too general...
    The quality of Logitech may vary, some is too low, others are decent. But if you want quality keyboards you should try Das Keyboard or Filco.

Regarding mice, I've found some Razer mice to be quite good, but as with Logitech the quality might vary...

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Support wise the guy responsible for the logitech kernel driver was very quick to reply and fix the bug i reported for my mouse.

And they replaced my mouse under warranty for a faulty switch.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    And that is supposed to convince me otherwise when I have seen their products last for years in corporate, educational, and personal settings over two decades? It tells me that you may either have a bad luck or are extremely hard on your equipment.

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that they still sell overpriced hardware that doesn't last.
    Mouse: Logitech MX510 lasts since 2004 and is still as good as on the first day
    Keyboard: Logitech Internet Navigator lasts since ~2003 and is also as good as on the first day

I'm not planning to replace the mouse or the keyboard in the next few years. I think your statement is a bit too general...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X