Logitech supports linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech supports linux!

I had to snicker when I looked at Logitech's site today. They have added a linux selection box..... when you check it, this is what you find....

Oh well, it's a start. At least they have a linux selection box in their search which is better then most sites.

Thanks for heads-up, I confirm this. Although, its funny they captioned it as "Linux compatible" instead of simply "Linux". Well at least its top on the list xD
    But the most problematic device from them, acutely needing Linux support is Universal Receiver (Universal Dongle). That 2.4 nano-receiver, that currently requires windows just to assign a wireless input device to it... :/

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
      Thanks for heads-up, I confirm this. Although, its funny they captioned it as "Linux compatible" instead of simply "Linux". Well at least its top on the list xD
      But the most problematic device from them, acutely needing Linux support is Universal Receiver (Universal Dongle). That 2.4 nano-receiver, that currently requires windows just to assign a wireless input device to it... :/
      Is that even still needed since this came about? http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTM2MDE

Comment

Some of there mice actually has a Tux on the side of the box next to the Windows and Mac logo. I also found that the for about 40 mice (color variation) and about 5 keyboards, list them as Linux compatible to there sales channels.

Comment

With mice I long ago just switched to bluetooth mice. A bit more expensive but never a problem with linux and it co-exists better with WiFi. And in my experience the battery life is much longer too.. Another bonus is that most laptops already have a bluetooth adapter so you don't lose a USB socket.

Comment

In Norway, the only product with Linux support so far is the Squeezebox Boom, but I expect this to get updated over time.

BTW, whatever happened to all the joysticks and steering wheels from Logitech? All the products seem to have disappeared around Dec 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by accumulator View Post
              With mice I long ago just switched to bluetooth mice. A bit more expensive but never a problem with linux and it co-exists better with WiFi. And in my experience the battery life is much longer too.. Another bonus is that most laptops already have a bluetooth adapter so you don't lose a USB socket.
              Except that most if not all desktops don't come with support for bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by accumulator View Post
                I'd love to have all bluetooth mice however there is a real shortage of quality bluetooth mice out there. Most of them are form factored as small portable mice for laptops. Another annoying thing that I found is that only a few can handle multi-os switching without having to re-pairing all the time (my logitech v470 handles multios's just fine but my MS Sculpt Touch requires re-pairing every time I flip OS's).

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  Except that most if not all desktops don't come with support for bluetooth.
                  $5 usb dongles can be found everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                    BTW, whatever happened to all the joysticks and steering wheels from Logitech? All the products seem to have disappeared around Dec 2012?
                    Still available here,

The types of PC Games however that utilize joysticks and joypads are nearly non-existent now however and I could see Logitech phasing them out completely.

Comment

Working...
                    X