No announcement yet.

Reverse-Engineering USB Keyboards For Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the wireless trackball Logitech mouse, (M570), not sure how much it would help me. I believe when I turn on the mouse the light flashes green because I have good battery. But hey I would love to see development of Logitech devices under Linux as they are very trusted for me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
      Some older Logitech wireless devices (from before the Unifying receivers were introduced) are already able to monitor the battery power level through gnome-power-manager. It's good to have support for at least one Unifying device as well - perhaps it won't be too hard to add compatibility with other modern Logitech keyboards/mice as well.
      Don't forget not all of us use gnome. Also just tried it with an M305 and gnome-power-manager doesn't even mention a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        Shush. You need to feed the trolls to fatten them up before you devour them.
        Wise move

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
          Or you are in an office without much light, or you want to make sure the batteries aren't dying (I don't mean running out, I mean dying, like has happened with my solar watch), or you don't use it that often.

Brilliant. Now go try to convince the designers of all the wireless mice and keyboards that don't have such LEDs.
          Every one I've seen has such indicators.

I have two wireless mice and a wireless keyboard, none of which have such LEDs. In the past I have had at least 6 other wireless mice and 3 other wireless keyboards, and not one had an array of LEDs. Looking at logitech's page right now, they have 18 wireless mice, only two of which appear to have an array of LEDs, and those two are both $99.
          Congrats on buying china crap.

Right, because there are no other features of logitech mice and keyboards that are available on windows but not Linux that could benefit from such an approach.
          A mouse is a mouse, a keyboard is a keyboard. Enough with the bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
            dude, look at that guy's name. It's obvious he's a troll.
            Oh fuck off you worthless piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              Every one I've seen has such indicators.
              Right, why bother to actually check what is available when you can just pull random ideas out of thin air? Of course your imaginary picture of the wireless mouse and keyboard market is far more important than the real mouse and keyboard market for developers making decisions on what to do with their own time.

Congrats on buying china crap.
              Right, because of course no one buys logitech products, therefore they can be completely ignored. And of course everyone has unlimited money and can afford to blow $100 or more on a mouse just to get a few more lights.

A mouse is a mouse, a keyboard is a keyboard. Enough with the bullshit.
              Then why the hell should I spend $100 on one when they are available for 1/4 the price? Because of course they are not all exactly the same. Some have additional features, and not all of those features use standard HID protocols.

Comment

Oh fuck off you worthless piece of shit.
                Thank you for proving his/her point.

Comment

Working...
                X