Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amd e-450 motherboards actual power consumption

Hi all.
    I am building a new nas/xbmc machine and am having a tough time deciding whether to go for Intel Atom/ION, or i should try an Amd fusion based motherboard instead. I am struggling to get the actual power consumption. The machine will be running 24/7 so power consumption is important.

AMD's new low power Mobile processor, code-named Zacate, offers a dual core X86 64-bit capable CPU coupled with a DX11 graphics core all on the same - Page 8

Numbers are very nice, but looking elsewhere it tells a different story:

AMD’s Brazos platform, driven by the Zacate APU, offers a lot of performance per watt. It comes up short on features, though. Eight manufacturers try to change that perception by adding slots, controllers, and even overclocking in a couple of cases.

I know both pages are reviews of the AMD e-350 but they share the same TDP so they should be comparable. Could not find any other info

Can anyone shed more light on this subject? Is the e-450 able to compete with Intel ATOM/ION when it comes down to power usage?

Best Regards

Daniel

Not quite the same ~ but probably similar enough to draw a conclusion...

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums...p?f=28&t=61712

Not quite the same ~ but probably similar enough to draw a conclusion...
      This is great, was just something like that i was looking for. It would suggest that the Amd Zacate is almost similar when it comes to power consumption as the Intel Atom. It does have a better idle usage though. 19 watt as opposed to the Intel Atom which runs full speed all the time (30 watt) as it does not have Intel speedstep technology. Thank you so much for the link :-)

Best regards
      Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X