Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlbertP
    replied
    That's true, but it's at least faster than 100mbit speeds and compatible with gigabit devices.

Leave a comment:

• mattmatteh
    replied
    Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
    This one has a gigabit ethernet port (a Realtek gigabit ethernet adapter) so it can use gigabit, no matter which CPU architecture you use.
    Do you honestly think that any cpu or computer with a gigabit ethernet port can push the theoretical maximum transfer rate of 1 Gbit/s or 125 MB/s ?

Leave a comment:

• AlbertP
    replied
    This one has a gigabit ethernet port (a Realtek gigabit ethernet adapter) so it can use gigabit, no matter which CPU architecture you use.

Leave a comment:

• mattmatteh
    replied
    why are there no benchmarks on file read and write over the network ? there is a gigabit port on this, can it do gigabit ? (might have to put a faster disk in it though)

was doing some research on a new NAS and found that NAS that use arm generally can not do gigabit. those that are x86 seem to have no problem with gigabit, i would guess that there is a bus limitation not a cpu limitation.

Leave a comment:

• MaxDaniel
    replied
    I am also not in the favor of silver stone DC01. I think the performance is not so good as compare to other processor.

Leave a comment:

• frantaylor
    replied
    Even better!

Originally posted by Zapitron View Post
    *gasp* I'm in love!

I thought multi-drive enclosures died around the time we stopped using SCSI. So glad to know I'm wrong.
    There's also this one, but it's kinda pricey:

http://www.areca.com.tw/products/esa...scsiaoeusb.htm

Leave a comment:

• Zapitron
    replied
    Originally posted by frantaylor View Post
    Plug one of these into the external SATA port:
    http://addonics.com/products/raid_tower/CPR5SA.asp
    *gasp* I'm in love!

I thought multi-drive enclosures died around the time we stopped using SCSI. So glad to know I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Performance? Power consumption?

Leave a comment:

• frantaylor
    replied
    Could be very sweet

Plug one of these into the external SATA port:

http://addonics.com/products/raid_tower/CPR5SA.asp

If it can also support AppleShare and Time Machine then it's a keeper for the multi-platform household!

Leave a comment:

• movieman
    replied
    To be fair, you can get 1TB 2.5" drives these days, so $140 for the rest of the system seems a pretty good deal for someone who wants a low-power home server without RAID. That's about what I paid just for the Ion motherboard in my HTPC, which is what you'd need to get a decent number of disks attached to an Atom (I forget whether it has four or six SATA ports).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X