No announcement yet.

Hardware recomendation for Linux HTPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I've forgot you have the CrystalHD decoder... Obviously I was talking about AMD drivers lacking the video decoding acceleration support.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxWarrior View Post
      Sorry I've forgot you have the CrystalHD decoder... Obviously I was talking about AMD drivers lacking the video decoding acceleration support.
      Last I heard, intel decoders either don't work or are flaky as hell, all other decoders (including some intel) besides crystalhd require blob drivers. This may not be the case for long though, since g3d video decoding does actually work, although limited to mpeg2 still (but progressing...). By year's end, I suspect that I will be able to ditch the crystalhd, maybe move it into my nvidia laptop (which only works with acceleration disabled, not even with blob).

That's one of the reasons I suggested those two mainboards I did... they both have mini-pcie slots to drop in a crystalhd.

Comment

Well I cannot confirm your position, but according to this:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

(last image)

it seems to have hardware acceleration.... with a intel 2100 cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxWarrior View Post
          Well I cannot confirm your position, but according to this:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

(last image)

it seems to have hardware acceleration.... with a intel 2100 cpu.
          But you know how those intel drivers go... this week it works (sortof, for some things but not all), next week its regressed to hell, week after it won't even light up your monitor. Then you wait 6 months and it lights up again, but crashes whenever you look at it funny.

Comment

Working...
          X