Recommend an inkjet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend an inkjet?

Okay, I hate HP. Don't recommend HP. I will ignore you.

I have an HP Photosmart C4400 series, C4480 to be exact, that is garbage. The 'alignment test' fails over and over. Nothing I try has worked. The message even states it won't print with optimized quality so why use this piece of junk? I have tried one before, a wireless version, which was awful but I just thought it was an exception. I only bought the thing because of the Linux support.

I don't care about the support now since it is so awful. I don't care about HPLIP since it is NOT useable. I have tried in both Linux and Windows. The alignment test always fails. I have printed out too many test pages and I wish I could take the junk and pages and drop it on an HP tech's desk and tell them to shove it.

HP's quality has gone down the drain. Their laptops are junk. Apparently, their printers are also junk. I am wondering if Canon is a good choice for inkjet and maybe Samsung for lasers. What do you think?

Thanks (just letting off steam - I feel I wasted a lot of time on this thing, time I won't get back!).

I have an Oki Laser (b/w)Printer. Colour Printers aren't _that expensive anymore as well.

Comment

Epson's produce pretty good quality (compared to the only other brand I've bought which is Canon). Everyone knows, printers are cheap (they sell 'em at a loss). It's the ink that's overpriced. Epson's ink prices are not too bad compared with HP.

Comment

I would also recommend Epson. So far, I have not heard of any negative feedback against Epson inkjet printers. The next would be a Canon especially for photo printing.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
          Well I'm really happy with my Canon iP4600, especially now that Calidad makes refills for it with the DRM chip on them. Great print quality, fast printing, CD printing, Duplex printing, separate ink tanks for each colour, good drivers from Canon, all for about AU$150.00

It's just been superseded by the iP4700 but I would guess it's just a slight update.

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post

I have an HP Photosmart C4400 series, C4480 to be exact, that is garbage.
            c4480 is just a white raven, RMA it for other model(B109n or c4680). I had extremely BAD experiences with canon laser printers. While they do produce linux drivers, they are lexmark-style. I had to fight 3 days to get them working via manual installation. Also, they are all binary blobs, hp is opensource.

Comment

Brother have some nice printers with open source drivers

Comment

When you know that you have to install tcsh and lpr before you can use the drivers (which have got no depend on that)...

Comment

Inkjet?
                  You actually ***WANT*** an inkjet?
                  There's your problem right there. Not HP, but INKJET.
                  They're ALL GARBAGE.

Inkjets are the things that get given out FOR FREE because they're GARBAGE.

Get a laser.
                  Seriously.
                  There's TONS of CHEAP COLOR LASERS... Cheapest I've seen is $125 CDN for an okidata C110, and ALL color laser printers are better than ANY inkjunk.

Comment

And which color laser can be used for cd/dvd printing?

Comment

Working...
                    X