Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notebook with virtualization or without

Hello,

I'm a student who needs a new notebook to get his job done and do some work, but here is where my problems start.

I'm sick of dual-boot so I want to use virtualization to run that windows app (game) that does not work with wine or to try other OS's. I know virtualization works without specific hardware extensions but i heard that works better with it.
    My question is: does it worth to buy a notebook with virtualization? Are the benefits that great?

I also play a game frome time to time and want to get a ?modern? video card, but I'm not that picky: something that supports video decoding acceleration is ok (integrated intel or ati, etc.). From my current experience (fujitsu-siemens notebook with ati mobility x700) I know I can get 3D with proprietary drivers, but then I lose suspend/resume capabilities, also important.

I'm willing to spend about $500. Is there a notebook that fills my needs: great linux support and virtualization (if really necessary)?

I am greatly confused about what to buy. I have made a list of possible candidates:

Acer Extensa 5630-732G32Mn Core2Duo P7350 Intel GMA 4500MHD
    HP Compaq 615 Athlon 64 X2 QL-64 ATI Mobility Radeon HD3200
    HP Compaq 615 AMD Turion 64x2 RM-74 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200
    HP Compaq Presario CQ60-400EQ Athlon QL-65 nVIDIA GeForce 8200M

thanks,
    eugen
Working...
X