Aspeed ACRY Engine Driver On Deck For Linux 6.3 To Speed-Up ECDSA/RSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspeed ACRY Engine Driver On Deck For Linux 6.3 To Speed-Up ECDSA/RSA

Phoronix: Aspeed ACRY Engine Driver On Deck For Linux 6.3 To Speed-Up ECDSA/RSA

The Aspeed ACRY engine found with new AST2600 baseboard management controllers (BMCs) for accelerating ECDSA/RSA signature and verification tasks is set to see an upstream driver with the Linux 6.3 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Bought one of these to use as "GPU" for a low power Atom "headless" appliance. I could not even get the card detected despite being within the vendor power budget. So if these cards can't even do the very niche thing they are designed to do, I am not sure why anyone would buy any of these ever. On a proper server, you are better off with iDRAC and friends. On a personal computer, you are better off with PiKVM box or cards. ASUS and AsRock-Rack sell them, but in my experience, both are paperweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Elv13 View Post
      Bought one of these to use as "GPU" for a low power Atom "headless" appliance. I could not even get the card detected despite being within the vendor power budget. So if these cards can't even do the very niche thing they are designed to do, I am not sure why anyone would buy any of these ever. On a proper server, you are better off with iDRAC and friends. On a personal computer, you are better off with PiKVM box or cards. ASUS and AsRock-Rack sell them, but in my experience, both are paperweights.
      Those are not GPUs.
      Those Aspeed SoCs are Board Management Controllers that just happen to also output their internal GPUs signal to VGA or DP and because of that are sometimes put on special cards with nothing but a VGA output.
      They also work very well, if correctly wired up. Whatever card you bought is likely not compatible with your Atom system, either missing a extra connection to the mainboard it was designed to work in or uses a changed mPCIe/PCIe connector for the extra singnals it needs.

Comment

Working...
      X