Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.1 Change Aims To Auto-Detect Logitech HID++ High Resolution Scrolling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.1 Change Aims To Auto-Detect Logitech HID++ High Resolution Scrolling Support

Phoronix: Linux 6.1 Change Aims To Auto-Detect Logitech HID++ High Resolution Scrolling Support

Currently Linux's Logitech HID++ driver "hid-logitech-hidpp" relies on a static list of device quirks for indicating which Logitech mice support high resolution scrolling. With the upcoming Linux 6.1 kernel, the plan is to change that list of devices/quirks and to automatically determine if a device supports high resolution scrolling...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland supports this now? But my mouse still does not scroll smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
      Wayland supports this now? But my mouse still does not scroll smooth.
      While it is technically merged into wayland, it won't work on wlroots just yet - there is a merged PR, but wlroots hasn't had a new release yet.

I'm not sure about KDE or Gnome though

Comment

Is this related to the issue that the scroll wheel get very slow suddenly after inactivity? I keep turning my M720 on and off twice a week or so to restore regular scrolling behavior.

Comment

Ffs, finally. I complained of this a year ago and everyone else was like "my mouse is working fine for me".

GNome dropped support for adjusting scroll.

Comment

The current approach of effectively white-listing devices that support HID++ high resolution scrolling...
            Sorry to nitpick on the choice of semantics here, but perhaps you can consider following Inclusive Naming conventions. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X