Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you benchmark this?

Comment

With latest alsa driver snapshot is anybody getting these errors?
      Code:
      ctatc: Card not recognised
      ctxfi: Something wrong!!!
      SB-XFi: probe of 0000:06:01.0 failed with error -2
      I hope that they did not disable Auzen X-Fi PCI IDs.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        With latest alsa driver snapshot is anybody getting these errors?
        Code:
        ctatc: Card not recognised
        ctxfi: Something wrong!!!
        SB-XFi: probe of 0000:06:01.0 failed with error -2
        I hope that they did not disable Auzen X-Fi PCI IDs.
        I get the same error with my Auzentech Prelude.
        I've mailed the list about it.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
          Hrm.

I always thought that the quality of analog output rested mostly with the DAC chips on the sound card, were as those mods seem mostly to center around conditioning the power delivery.

Better DAC, better sound. That's about it.
          On the Auzentech card the DACs are the best available and are also
          user-upgradeable. If a better DAC comes out you can buy it yourself
          or buy one of auzentech's upgrade kits.

Comment

Originally posted by cros13 View Post
            I get the same error with my Auzentech Prelude.
            I've mailed the list about it.
            Oh nice, I mailed in too but did not see any other requests. Btw all X-Fi based cards should work now, hopefully this hack hits 2.6.31 upstream if it hasn't already .

Comment

is it worth to buy a X-fi titanium PCIe to use on linux with the actual FOSS driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                is it worth to buy a X-fi titanium PCIe to use on linux with the actual FOSS driver?
                It works fine. Don't expect to see a mixer panel and features you see on a older Audigy by any means but the basics work well.

BTW for those that are interested, I got Takashi Iwai to backport it, (he graciously took the 1/2 day to do so) into the openSUSE Factory kernel (which sits at 2.6.30) so in the next milestone release of 11.2 you should be able to start utilizing x-fi's even on the live cd's starting with that release.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  It works fine. Don't expect to see a mixer panel and features you see on a older Audigy by any means but the basics work well.

BTW for those that are interested, I got Takashi Iwai to backport it, (he graciously took the 1/2 day to do so) into the openSUSE Factory kernel (which sits at 2.6.30) so in the next milestone release of 11.2 you should be able to start utilizing x-fi's even on the live cd's starting with that release.

When you say the basics, does that include full 5.1/7.1 surround sound support?

Comment

Originally posted by faemir View Post
                    When you say the basics, does that include full 5.1/7.1 surround sound support?
                    Yes 5.1 / 7.1 speaker configs are supported.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo

it's better than the actuall intel_hda_snd driver that i'm using! I can't even use my mic with skype, ekiga or mumble.... the onboard sound card are good on windows but can't configure for best perfomance on linux...

Comment

Working...
                      X