X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by harl View Post
    Are there a great differnce between Audigy2 and X-fi under Linux ?
    The audigy / 2 / live etc have alot more funttionality and features then the current x-fi drivers. The x-fi drivers are very basic at this point in time.

Leave a comment:

• harl
    replied
    Originally posted by faemir View Post
    At last I can swap out my audigy 2 with my nice new x-fi!

Don't worry, you didn't make me wait as long as Duke Nukem Forever or TF2 <3
    Are there a great differnce between Audigy2 and X-fi under Linux ?

Leave a comment:

• faemir
    replied
    Originally posted by rv65 View Post
    I believe Kernel v2.6.31 should have this driver built right in.
    woo! It's about time :P

Leave a comment:

• rv65
    replied
    I believe Kernel v2.6.31 should have this driver built right in.

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo
    It works fine. Don't expect to see a mixer panel and features you see on a older Audigy by any means but the basics work well.

BTW for those that are interested, I got Takashi Iwai to backport it, (he graciously took the 1/2 day to do so) into the openSUSE Factory kernel (which sits at 2.6.30) so in the next milestone release of 11.2 you should be able to start utilizing x-fi's even on the live cd's starting with that release.
    it's better than the actuall intel_hda_snd driver that i'm using! I can't even use my mic with skype, ekiga or mumble.... the onboard sound card are good on windows but can't configure for best perfomance on linux...

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by faemir View Post
    When you say the basics, does that include full 5.1/7.1 surround sound support?
    Yes 5.1 / 7.1 speaker configs are supported.

Leave a comment:

• faemir
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    It works fine. Don't expect to see a mixer panel and features you see on a older Audigy by any means but the basics work well.

BTW for those that are interested, I got Takashi Iwai to backport it, (he graciously took the 1/2 day to do so) into the openSUSE Factory kernel (which sits at 2.6.30) so in the next milestone release of 11.2 you should be able to start utilizing x-fi's even on the live cd's starting with that release.

When you say the basics, does that include full 5.1/7.1 surround sound support?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Setlec View Post
    is it worth to buy a X-fi titanium PCIe to use on linux with the actual FOSS driver?

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    is it worth to buy a X-fi titanium PCIe to use on linux with the actual FOSS driver?

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Originally posted by cros13 View Post
    I get the same error with my Auzentech Prelude.
    I've mailed the list about it.
    Oh nice, I mailed in too but did not see any other requests. Btw all X-Fi based cards should work now, hopefully this hack hits 2.6.31 upstream if it hasn't already .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X