Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.20 To Support The XP-PEN Deco L Drawing Tablet

Phoronix: Linux 5.20 To Support The XP-PEN Deco L Drawing Tablet

The XP-PEN Deco L is a recently launched graphics drawing tablet with its Linux support backed by a user-space binary blob package. But thanks to some USB reverse engineering from a community developer and discovering the hardware's "magic data" needed for initialization, this drawing tablet will be supported by a proper kernel driver in the next Linux kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Another device which cannot stick to a standard for arbitrary reasons.
    Terrible.

Comment

No thanks, I will keep my wacom intuos 2 and if it ever breaks I will by a new one, as for some reason, they work perfectly under Linux as far as I can remember (I guess it's now around 20years). Also I will keep gifting them to new young artists.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Another device which cannot stick to a standard for arbitrary reasons.
        Terrible.
        At this point the "standards" are non-standard in the HID and mass storage world. If you don't believe me, look at the Linux kernel's USB HID/mass storage quirks files.

The USB steering group is probably one of the most useless "standards" bodies there is because they have little real power, especially over Chinese mfgs that mass dump non-standard everything in markets world wide.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

At this point the "standards" are non-standard in the HID and mass storage world. If you don't believe me, look at the Linux kernel's USB HID/mass storage quirks files.

The USB steering group is probably one of the most useless "standards" bodies there is because they have little real power, especially over Chinese mfgs that mass dump non-standard everything in markets world wide.
          They've taken their playbook from ACPI.
          Don't expect much and seldom disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
            The USB steering group is probably one of the most useless "standards" bodies there is
            I don't think anyone with any knowledge of the subject would argue with that.

> because they have little real power

That, OTOH, I'm going to question. "USB 3.2 Gen 1", for example, was pure dishonesty explicitly intended to *allow* manufacturers to make low-end devices but market them as high-end ones. (And USB4 is already an even bigger clusterf**k, and it doesn't even exist yet!)

Of course, if that's due to regulatory capture then your point still stands, obv.

Comment

Working...
            X