Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquacomputer OCTO Fan Controller To Be Supported By Linux 5.19

Phoronix: Aquacomputer OCTO Fan Controller To Be Supported By Linux 5.19

Mainlined into the Linux kernel last year was the Aquacomputer HWMON driver initially for their D5 Next water cooling pump. That driver was then extended to support the Aquacomputer Farbwerk 360 RGB controller and now for Linux 5.19 is extended to also support Aquacomputer's OCTO fan controller...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael Typo: "The Aquacomputer OCTO is an eight channel PWN fan controller plus an RGBpx effect controller for up to 180 addressable LEDs."

Comment

Very nice, love to see Linux support for such hardware, might purchase one now

Comment

It's a nice device. Glad this got covered on Phoronix. Next up will be the Quadro

Comment

Hey Aleksa what are the chances of eventually being able to write fan curves to the device? Is that still out of scope for your work?

Comment

aleksamagicka
            Are there any ways to support your work? Demo Hardware or PayPal tips etc?

Comment

Originally posted by elais View Post
              Hey Aleksa what are the chances of eventually being able to write fan curves to the device? Is that still out of scope for your work?
              That's on the TODO list for the future. There's a PR open at the github repo for the D5 Next pump for that, but I haven't been able to look over it/test it as much as I'd like these months. In other words, that should be coming, but probably not soon. Same for other devices. Until then, you can use regular fancontrol and other userspace tools for controlling fans, since the driver exposes PWM control and temp sensors, if connected.

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
              aleksamagicka
              Are there any ways to support your work? Demo Hardware or PayPal tips etc?
              Nope, but thanks 😀 Knowing that I've helped people is all I need.

Comment

← This fan is out of control.

Comment

Working...
                X