Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Arctosa Keyboard

Phoronix: Razer Arctosa Keyboard

Razer is a company that began by producing high-end gaming mice like the Copperhead and since that point they have ventured into other gaming products like high-end sound cards, headphones, and mouse pads. Back in 2006 we looked at the Razer Tarantula, but the Arctosa has now succeeded that gaming keyboard. The Razer Arctosa is a moderately priced gaming keyboard that offers macro keys, media keys, 1000Hz Ultrapolling, and other features to entice gamers. The big question though is how well this keyboard with all of its functionality works under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
    What benefit would this have for the user? I understand that it helps with mice because of resolution and acceleration-related issues, but for a keyboard it doesn't seem like there's any possible benefit to having a polling rate an order of magnitude higher than your monitor's refresh rate.

Comment

Besides, don't even AT keyboards have a clock rate measured in MHz?

Comment

I don't suppose it comes in colemak..

Comment

what a useless review. the contained info:
          -no linux apps for it, whatever they could be useful for
          -looks nice, according to phoronix
          -response time overkill
          -it's a keyboard

did you guys really need 3 f*****g pages for that?

Comment

What's the problem here? The article just talks about this keyboard and says: "if you buy, it will work out of the box ,but profiles isn't supported". This is moral of the article. Is this a problem? You should be happy, at least you know this keyboard work under linux if you ever want to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
              What benefit would this have for the user? I understand that it helps with mice because of resolution and acceleration-related issues, but for a keyboard it doesn't seem like there's any possible benefit to having a polling rate an order of magnitude higher than your monitor's refresh rate.
              I agree on the opinion that it is overkill to have it, but that doesn't mean it isn't nice to have it. Just compare it to car fans driving cars that can go 300 KM/H or more. Same here with game/hardware fans.

Comment

i have a funny feeling these silly reviews come out as fillers. More like after PC upgrades :P

Comment

Originally posted by tulcod View Post
                  what a useless review. the contained info:
                  -no linux apps for it, whatever they could be useful for
                  i find any review that talks about the hardware and OS i am interested useful, something is better than nothing ?
                  Originally posted by tulcod View Post
                  -it's a keyboard
                  i have to agree, i thought a keyboard was a keyboard. i find it odd that a key can not work in linux or any other OS, and why would special software be needed? its a key, which is a simple button, how hard is that.

i did notice the ugly windows key, they could at least improve that! (the OS key ? option key (probably copyright from apple), or a system key.

matt

Comment

I do not think that the "special keys working" is anything to get excited about; I have a notebook that is about 4 years old, and its "special keys" (play/pause, stop, vol+, vol-) have been working since at least Intrepid, without any configuration on my part.

It probably simply means that Razer has not changed its special keys' codes for this keyboard, thus letting Ubuntu re-use already known mappings.

Comment

Working...
                    X