• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    The Husqvarna of PC's.
    What does that mean? Good? Bad?

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

I have one obviously. And I run it passively.
      Granted, it gets pretty hot. But mostly because the vendor did a piss-poor cooling solution.
      It's a flat alu standoff with a screw-on copper base and a useless thermal pad. So several thermal interfaces.
      Not that big though. The entire box is like a standard rpi3 case.
      The hotter a CPU runs the shorter its lifespan. This is true of any electronics. Industrial application computers are often expected to run decades without replacement, with minimal oversight. Passively cooled necessarily requires better thought out heat dissipation than "How small of a box can we get without a fan?". Great, you have one, but there's no way I'd recommend such a device to any client of mine based on what you're telling us. It wouldn't last long enough.

Comment

"Industrial" grade. And no ECC memory. What a joke.

Comment

spend a couple more bucks and get a opteron?

P04923-S01 HPE Proliant Micro server Gen10 Ultra Micro Tower Server 1X AMD Opteron X3421 Quad-Core 2.10GHz, 8GB Installed DDR4 SDRAM, ATA/600 Controller, 2 X Gigabit Ethernet, 1X 200W PS. New Bulk Pack.
          Buy Opteron 2.1GHz Micro Server at great value in New York in New Bulk or Brand New from reputed trusted wholesaler.

Comment

Shame it doesn't have ecc ram.

Comment

Fanless is not always about quite. No moving parts is essential for low maintenance in dirty environments eg manufacturing hall. Nobody will search for 1" fans in the last corner to clean them. Flat heat dissipating surfaces or maybe ripped are the desires cooling solution.

Comment

What kind of power supply does it need? The article talks only about the CPU and GPU power usage, but what about the whole unit? How much power does it consume when idling at the desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by milkylainen View Post

What does that mean? Good? Bad?
                  They make lawn care equipment and are renown for coloring them a tinge of orange like what Onlogic does.

Comment

I can't imagine what kind of situation you must be in to require an industrial x64 computer these days. Who is this targeted at? All I can think of is some poor sod who relies on some old proprietary software for a robot that doesn't have an ARM build.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately, it's limited by review sample access... Never had any hardware offers from AMD or their partners for Ryzen Embedded Linux testing (which is somewhat surprising considering likely to be running Linux there..)
                      Somewhat related, any Steam Deck review sample?

Comment

Working...
                      X