No announcement yet.

More Troublesome x86 Android Tablets Being Fixed Up By New Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a CherryTrail tablet of my own, the "WinBook TW102" that I bought from MicroCenter a few years back. Running Fedora 36 on it, it still is missing some hardware functionality (no touch screen, no autorotation, maybe other things) and it might be because of the issue described in this article. Where would I even begin if I wanted to contribute and help get it running properly too?

Comment

Originally posted by gamerminstrel View Post
      Where would I even begin if I wanted to contribute and help get it running properly too?
      Touchscreen and auto-rotation should be easy to fix even for non-developer. Do you have windows drivers dump somewhere by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post

Touchscreen and auto-rotation should be easy to fix even for non-developer. Do you have windows drivers dump somewhere by any chance?
        I'm afraid not. First thing I did when I got it was throw Linux on it to find these flaws. Trying to put Windows back on it, even less hardware works out of the box. I was able to get a zip file of drivers from MicroCenter support way back to alleviate some of the issues, but I long since lost it. I'll try to get them again this weekend.

Once I have them, what should I do with them? How do Windows drivers translate to linux?

Comment

Originally posted by gamerminstrel View Post

I'm afraid not. First thing I did when I got it was throw Linux on it to find these flaws. Trying to put Windows back on it, even less hardware works out of the box. I was able to get a zip file of drivers from MicroCenter support way back to alleviate some of the issues, but I long since lost it. I'll try to get them again this weekend.

Once I have them, what should I do with them? How do Windows drivers translate to linux?
          Check if Silead driver loads on Linux, and if it is, then you will need firmware file from Windows driver. Google for "silead linux firmware" on GitHub to get idea.

Comment

Working...
          X