Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

Phoronix: AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

The Linux hardware monitoring "HWMON" subsystem for the 5.15 cycle is already seeing the AMD SB-RMI driver and AMD Cezanne Zen 3 APU temperature monitoring while there was also some last-minute additions around AMD next-gen "Yellow Carp" temperature reporting and separately support for another water cooling pump...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"I'm a keyboard/mouse" -every USB device under the sun, including water pumps

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      temperature reporting for Yellow Capr APUs.

Comment

I'm sorry but each time when I was reading its name I was thinking of "Yellow Crap"...

Comment

Hi Michael! I'm the author of the watercooling pump driver. Just wanted to say that the inspiration to write it at all came from Phoronix, when I read about the NZXT Kraken driver being mainlined. Thanks for all you do!

Comment

This is great news with more sensors and additional equipment like water-pumps getting some love in Linux. This is something needed for Linux to get more users as lack of support for simple managing led lights for example on motherboard is really annoying. More of this kind of stuff, better it is.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post
              Hi Michael! I'm the author of the watercooling pump driver. Just wanted to say that the inspiration to write it at all came from Phoronix, when I read about the NZXT Kraken driver being mainlined. Thanks for all you do!
              Did you get information from aqua computer or did you have to do reverse engineering?
              I had a cooling system from them back in the early 2000s when they where quite new in business. Was very fun to build the system.

Anyways, nice that you contribute :-)

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post

Did you get information from aqua computer or did you have to do reverse engineering?
                I had a cooling system from them back in the early 2000s when they where quite new in business. Was very fun to build the system.

Anyways, nice that you contribute :-)
                The latter. I captured HID reports it's sending and found the values shown in hwinfo and Aquasuite. Gradually, I mapped out the register layout and it was smooth sailing from there.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post

The latter.
                  Out of curiosity: did you try to contact aquacomputer and get info but they didn't answer or did you not try at all? It's always a shame how little most companies care in providing technical infos about their products...

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

Out of curiosity: did you try to contact aquacomputer and get info but they didn't answer or did you not try at all? It's always a shame how little most companies care in providing technical infos about their products...
                    I didn't contact them at all, because while searching their forums for clues about HID structure, I saw that someone asked them to provide the structure. Their reply was literally "WHAT?? Then we would have to support that as well. No way, nope". So I just set out to do it myself...

Comment

Working...
                    X