Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

    Phoronix: AMD Yellow Carp + Another Water Cooling Pump Head To Linux's Hardware Monitoring Code

    The Linux hardware monitoring "HWMON" subsystem for the 5.15 cycle is already seeing the AMD SB-RMI driver and AMD Cezanne Zen 3 APU temperature monitoring while there was also some last-minute additions around AMD next-gen "Yellow Carp" temperature reporting and separately support for another water cooling pump...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...WMON-AMD-YC-WC

  • #2
    "I'm a keyboard/mouse" -every USB device under the sun, including water pumps

    Comment


    • #3
      Typo:

      Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      temperature reporting for Yellow Capr APUs.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm sorry but each time when I was reading its name I was thinking of "Yellow Crap"...

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Michael! I'm the author of the watercooling pump driver. Just wanted to say that the inspiration to write it at all came from Phoronix, when I read about the NZXT Kraken driver being mainlined. Thanks for all you do!

          Comment


          • #6
            This is great news with more sensors and additional equipment like water-pumps getting some love in Linux. This is something needed for Linux to get more users as lack of support for simple managing led lights for example on motherboard is really annoying. More of this kind of stuff, better it is.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post
              Hi Michael! I'm the author of the watercooling pump driver. Just wanted to say that the inspiration to write it at all came from Phoronix, when I read about the NZXT Kraken driver being mainlined. Thanks for all you do!
              Did you get information from aqua computer or did you have to do reverse engineering?
              I had a cooling system from them back in the early 2000s when they where quite new in business. Was very fun to build the system.

              Anyways, nice that you contribute :-)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by obri View Post

                Did you get information from aqua computer or did you have to do reverse engineering?
                I had a cooling system from them back in the early 2000s when they where quite new in business. Was very fun to build the system.

                Anyways, nice that you contribute :-)
                The latter. I captured HID reports it's sending and found the values shown in hwinfo and Aquasuite. Gradually, I mapped out the register layout and it was smooth sailing from there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aleksamagicka View Post

                  The latter.
                  Out of curiosity: did you try to contact aquacomputer and get info but they didn't answer or did you not try at all? It's always a shame how little most companies care in providing technical infos about their products...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Termy View Post

                    Out of curiosity: did you try to contact aquacomputer and get info but they didn't answer or did you not try at all? It's always a shame how little most companies care in providing technical infos about their products...
                    I didn't contact them at all, because while searching their forums for clues about HID structure, I saw that someone asked them to provide the structure. Their reply was literally "WHAT?? Then we would have to support that as well. No way, nope". So I just set out to do it myself...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X