No announcement yet.

System76 Launch - A Very Well Built, Highly Configurable, Open-Source Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really tempting to buy it, esp. because I love the look of it! But then I discovered that the UHKv2 could be split and tilted for more ergonomic typing so I pre-ordered that one instead. But great to hear it's a well-built keyboard - I hope it sells well 🙂 (if UHK could use the same color scheme and design elements while keeping the split and tilt, it'd be the Holy Grail!)

Comment

If it sells succesfully, it will soon be available for cheap from China...

I would consider buying it if it had a numpad an german keycaps.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

One reason for it, is doing a greater proportion of the manufacturing chain in the U.S.

For those of us with the cash on hand, it can be worthwhile to buy quality goods manufactured primarily outside of PRC, which is an openly hostile adversary of the U.S.
        Are you saying that people who hate the U.S. (like me for example) should buy quality goods from China?

PS. I don't hate the people who live in the US but the state.

Comment

Originally posted by marios View Post
          PS. I don't hate the people who live in the US but the state.
          Some hate the air, but not the people surrounded by it.
          Some hate the water, but not the people who swim in it.
          I hate the ground, but not the people that are in it.

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
            Weird design. Two spaces and Fn, no PrtSc, keys on the right side aren't aligned. At least all configurable, and so maybe it will find some use case.
            As someone else mentioned, because of customizable firmware, split spacebar means you can have it do 2 different things. Also, the weird lining up situation is because they have only 3 different sized keycaps, or something like that. Shift/Space sized. Modifier sized, and letter sized. Weird decision, imo. but it means that there are less different parts to manufacture.

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
              Some hate the air, but not the people surrounded by it.
              Some hate the water, but not the people who swim in it.
              I hate the ground, but not the people that are in it.
              I might misunderstand your post (I can't always understand poets), but I think you are just ironic.
              Do you even understand that state != ground?

Comment

Originally posted by marios View Post
                I might misunderstand your post (I can't always understand poets), but I think you are just ironic.
                Do you even understand that state != ground?
                Sure. I even understand that the people are the state, that not everybody shares the same views and that there is also a lot of hypocrisy. Why the need to ask?

Comment

So this morning I was straightening up my house and took out my trash because it's garbage day and that's my Thursday morning routine. Got home this afternoon and realized I threw my bag of weed away when I was cleaning and it's somewhere at the landfill now.

Since we're talking about off-topic bullshit...

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
                    Sure. I even understand that the people are the state, that not everybody shares the same views and that there is also a lot of hypocrisy. Why the need to ask?
                    LOL. I asked because I thought you were you implied state == ground. Also you don't seem to understand that state != people as well. The state is the means that a ruling class applies its authority.

I will no longer post on this thread. I expressed my point on the "feature" of something being built in US and I no longer see any reason to keep posting about it.

Comment

Originally posted by obri View Post
                      If it sells succesfully, it will soon be available for cheap from China...

I would consider buying it if it had a numpad an german keycaps.
                      Doubt it will sell in quantities to rate "successfull" by any China manufacture. But since it's open source a China manufacture could make hardware compatible variants costing far less that could work with the configuration software. If you've seen some of the bloated atrocious windows only configuration software coming with "gaming" keyboards.... uhug.

Comment

Working...
                      X