X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by marios View Post
    I might misunderstand your post (I can't always understand poets), but I think you are just ironic.
    Do you even understand that state != ground?
    Sure. I even understand that the people are the state, that not everybody shares the same views and that there is also a lot of hypocrisy. Why the need to ask?

Leave a comment:

• marios
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    Some hate the air, but not the people surrounded by it.
    Some hate the water, but not the people who swim in it.
    I hate the ground, but not the people that are in it.
    I might misunderstand your post (I can't always understand poets), but I think you are just ironic.
    Do you even understand that state != ground?

Leave a comment:

• bisby
    replied
    Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
    Weird design. Two spaces and Fn, no PrtSc, keys on the right side aren't aligned. At least all configurable, and so maybe it will find some use case.
    As someone else mentioned, because of customizable firmware, split spacebar means you can have it do 2 different things. Also, the weird lining up situation is because they have only 3 different sized keycaps, or something like that. Shift/Space sized. Modifier sized, and letter sized. Weird decision, imo. but it means that there are less different parts to manufacture.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    Originally posted by marios View Post
    PS. I don't hate the people who live in the US but the state.
    Some hate the air, but not the people surrounded by it.
    Some hate the water, but not the people who swim in it.
    I hate the ground, but not the people that are in it.

Leave a comment:

• marios
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post

One reason for it, is doing a greater proportion of the manufacturing chain in the U.S.

For those of us with the cash on hand, it can be worthwhile to buy quality goods manufactured primarily outside of PRC, which is an openly hostile adversary of the U.S.
    Are you saying that people who hate the U.S. (like me for example) should buy quality goods from China?

PS. I don't hate the people who live in the US but the state.

Leave a comment:

• obri
    replied
    If it sells succesfully, it will soon be available for cheap from China...

I would consider buying it if it had a numpad an german keycaps.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    I was really tempting to buy it, esp. because I love the look of it! But then I discovered that the UHKv2 could be split and tilted for more ergonomic typing so I pre-ordered that one instead. But great to hear it's a well-built keyboard - I hope it sells well 🙂 (if UHK could use the same color scheme and design elements while keeping the split and tilt, it'd be the Holy Grail!)

Leave a comment:

• thunderbird32
    replied
    The price really isn't that bad considering what it is. Mechanical keyboards are always more expensive, and it is made in the US where labor costs are higher than they are for companies that get their keyboards made overseas. That all said, I'm going to stick with my Das Keyboard at home and Sun Type 5c at work. I've never gotten used to not having a numpad. If they make a full-size variant, sign me up.

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    My god.... It's hideous!

Leave a comment:

• davidhendricks
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    The overall industrial design doesn't look like 300$. I don't doubt that its well made but it just doesn't look nice enough. HHKB POK3R etc look much much better.
    Bear in mind that it's solid aluminum. AFAICT the price tag is comparable to other premium keyboards made of the same material, but System76's is open source and made in the USA.

Of course what it comes down to is how it feels for the user. People (and businesses) spend thousands on furniture to avoid RSI, maximize productivity, etc. <$300 for a great keyboard is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things, especially if you depend on it to make a living.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X