Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethan Connor
    replied
    I live in Asia AMD has several Issue Like here temperature is 26 to 40 Degree. Main problem of AMD is Heating It get warm and restart the system so there is no match in between intel and AMD in my country beside this AMD RYZEN series is good I used this for some time and I feel that it's a little bit faster than Intel in terms of performance.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by LogicDarek View Post
    Darek here from OnLogic. I wanted to say thanks for taking a look at the TM800 and providing feedback (in all forms). We create our systems based on customer needs and input, so we appreciate the open dialog.

As far as the look goes, as was mentioned, it's down to individual preference, but orange has been our company color from the beginning, so we try and work it into most of our systems to maintain a bit of brand consistency. We were actually founded in the US and our global headquarters is in the South Burlington, Vermont. We do have a facility in the Netherlands, and our Co-Founder is from there, though that wasn't a primary motivation for choosing orange as our brand color. We specialize in fanless systems, like the one that was linked to by CochainComplex, and those have a different look, particularly our Karbon line of rugged systems. But to each their own.

We have some other fun AMD developments on the way and look forward to hearing what you think. We'll be sending one over to Phoronix when it's ready.
    Ok I was speculating too much thx for the explaination.

Good to see upcoming AMD Ryzens. The only thing I was missing from OnLogic - more AMD!
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 June 2021, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LogicDarek
    replied
    Darek here from OnLogic. I wanted to say thanks for taking a look at the TM800 and providing feedback (in all forms). We create our systems based on customer needs and input, so we appreciate the open dialog.

As far as the look goes, as was mentioned, it's down to individual preference, but orange has been our company color from the beginning, so we try and work it into most of our systems to maintain a bit of brand consistency. We were actually founded in the US and our global headquarters is in the South Burlington, Vermont. We do have a facility in the Netherlands, and our Co-Founder is from there, though that wasn't a primary motivation for choosing orange as our brand color. We specialize in fanless systems, like the one that was linked to by CochainComplex, and those have a different look, particularly our Karbon line of rugged systems. But to each their own.

We have some other fun AMD developments on the way and look forward to hearing what you think. We'll be sending one over to Phoronix when it's ready.

Leave a comment:

• Smurphy
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

They use mostly ASRock industrial boards.
    In that case, they used an old generation CPU. The board I have uses the Zen 2 CPU. And th board costs almost the same.
    Here is my build: https://stargate.solsys.org/dyntbl.p...3&op=View&id=9

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    Does it have to be so ugly? Obviously made to be hidden away in a server room or utility room where it will never be seen.
    The company originated in the Netherlands. Their "national colour", or however the nations historical favourite colour is called, is orange. Argueably this is a matter of personal taste but it might be comparable to "Stars'n'Stripes" design. Which I as german can't relate to too. This is why I think they use orange so extensively.

...so the most of their PC's enclosures are based on extruded and sandblasted Aluminium with some orange panels attached to it. I like it more then RGB gamer design. It looks neat, certainly industrial - I like it.
    But maybe Black and sandblasted Aluminium would look better but is less of an eyecatcher.

btw. the extruded aluminium enclosures do look better e.g. https://www.onlogic.com/hx610/
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 June 2021, 04:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Exactly. A Proliant or PowerEdge server costs a lot more than a DIY whitebox server with similar specs. You're paying for warranty and support, which are hard requirements for most corporate purchasing. You're also paying for the robust testing and qualification process, which you don't get with the whitebox kit. OnLogic did not build this for Grandma to check her AOL email.
    Jep, besides they use reliable internals like Crucial or Kingston memory IIRC. SSD's are usually with extended specs on reliability or higher ambient temps. Of course depends on the productlineup. But you can see they realy care about the parts and if they fit to their specs. Even if this sounds like advertisement - I'm just a happy customer..or my company/researchinstitute is.

And now I'm really glad to see some AMD Ryzen Product among their lineup.

btw this made my day:
    OnLogic did not build this for Grandma to check her AOL email.
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 10 June 2021, 04:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurphy View Post
    costs almos as much as the ASRock IMB-2000P board. In my case though, it had a better CPU :} (V2748). Oki, you still need to get the case and stuff. But I love it.
    They use mostly ASRock industrial boards.

Leave a comment:

• Smurphy
    replied
    costs almos as much as the ASRock IMB-2000P board. In my case though, it had a better CPU :} (V2748). Oki, you still need to get the case and stuff. But I love it.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    True you can build it by yourself cheaper but they provide this as a company for a companys. Usually you want to have someone responsible for the parts and the advertised specs. OnLogic does provide that. Our IT department insisted on such a company for rugged "thin clients" because of the provided guarantees.
    Exactly. A Proliant or PowerEdge server costs a lot more than a DIY whitebox server with similar specs. You're paying for warranty and support, which are hard requirements for most corporate purchasing. You're also paying for the robust testing and qualification process, which you don't get with the whitebox kit. OnLogic did not build this for Grandma to check her AOL email.
    Last edited by torsionbar28; 09 June 2021, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadeUpName
    replied
    Does it have to be so ugly? Obviously made to be hidden away in a server room or utility room where it will never be seen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X