Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FragAttacks: New Security Vulnerabilities Affecting WiFi Devices, 12 CVEs Issued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    It is interesting to see that the concern here is the government and not the criminal organizations, terrorism and whatnot!
    I hope you never happen to be in the middle of a terrorist attack, but if it does, think back to this discussion.
    Typical terrorist attacks are politically motivated. Either due to the country's foreign or domestic policy. Sometimes you also have terrorists directly or through private company backed by foreign governments. Policy does not have to be oppressive though it helps. Being a well visible actor is sometimes enough though less commonly.

Comment

so many admirers of ex-twitter-in-chief in this thread, no wonder comment quality on phoronix is appalling
      Last edited by pal666; 14 May 2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ezekrb5 View Post
        I live far from the US, in a insanely corrupt country. So having been a real victim of my government myself, I just don't see why the US is any different and any less corrupt.
        in other words, you utterly suck, therefore you just don't see why others don't utterly suck? maybe your main problem is complete lack of logic?

Comment

Originally posted by extremesquared View Post
          I have a theory that HD platters are actually spherical.
          They are spherical but exist only in a two dimensional world

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            in other words, you utterly suck, therefore you just don't see why others don't utterly suck? maybe your main problem is complete lack of logic?
            I'm saying that utterly sucking is a possibility that can happen to any country. I have no indicators that the US is not already rotten on the inside (I hope it's not, I hope that's just my bias, and thay you are actually Ok). But don't be fooled for a second that the state can't and won't harm you, because they actually can.

Comment

I'm saying that utterly sucking is a possibility that can happen to any country.
              i have no problem with that. i have problem with assuming that everyone else must suck no less
              I have no indicators that the US is not already rotten on the inside
              there's an open set of stuff for which you have no indicators. you can't assume all of that

Comment

Thanks to phoronix for reporting on this.

Unfortunately, gigi led the comments offtopic with the very first post. Let's try to avoid doing that.

Comment

Working...
                X