OpenRazer 3.0 Released For Supporting Many More Razer Peripherals Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
    This is really cool! To bad the Razer hardware sucks hard on quality.

I have had several versions of the Razer Naga MMO mice and everyone of them the left mouse button switch has failed. The last one lasted 9 months... it was my last shot to Razer, I will never buy another one of their mice ever. They use super crappy switches, and a quick google search will show that its apparently a fairly systemic problem with their mice.

Its to bad because otherwise their MMO mouse is awesome for use in hotkeying desktop functions to every button... Ironically I have never played an MMO and dont even use the mice for gaming!
    Too bad, I was eyeing the Razer Deathadder v2, actually, which has consistently high reviews and it's a best seller. But I'm baffled that someone would buy several versions of a (I guess) non-cheap device which has proved to be faulty every time.

Comment

Originally posted by klapaucius View Post

Too bad, I was eyeing the Razer Deathadder v2, actually, which has consistently high reviews and it's a best seller. But I'm baffled that someone would buy several versions of a (I guess) non-cheap device which has proved to be faulty every time.
      A preference for that form factor would be my guess. People are willing to do things that are completely baffling to others in the name of personal preference. I've learned to be pretty lenient and tolerant towards most preferences aside from people who really like yellow vehicles and GNOME users. Some choices just don't make any sense at all.

zexelon I use a Logitech G600 and it works well enough with Linux. Piper/ratbag doesn't handle the G-Shift key very well, but the Windows software allows programming the hardware presets and works on any OS after that. There's also this little gem. G-Shift is a third mouse button that makes all the mouse keys do something else or can be used as a quick DPI toggle, great for FPS games when you go from needing twitchy run-n-gun to steady sniper rifle.

The G600 has a really similar form factor to the Naga and I've used it for 4+ years now with no issues if you're looking for something close enough that doesn't break. I get you liking that setup. They're great for desktop use. Once you get used to the usual shortcuts being a thumb tap away it gets hard changing G17 and G20 back to crtl+c ctrl+v.

Comment

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post
        Me, I really like ergo keyboards for typing my articles and code. Know anyone who makes a back-lit ergo keyboard?
        Depends on what you mean by ergo......for me, a palm rest is plenty of ergo.

Comment

Working...
        X