Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice move Sony. Makes my decision which controller to buy much easier

Comment

My guess is that they want to have their PS Now service available from a browser and they want ChromeOS devices to be able to use all the functionality from their controllers.
      There's a reason why Sony has been pushing the WebHID specs to support their devices features.

Comment

Looks much better than my current Ouya controller. Hopefully this PS5DSC can be charged without the console.

Comment

Originally posted by Schugy View Post
          Looks much better than my current Ouya controller. Hopefully this PS5DSC can be charged without the console.
          If it's anything like the PS4 controller then all it'll need is a cell phone charger. That's how I charge my DS4 to play on my PC.

Comment

First corona and now this. We live strange times. Maybe time will tell what was behind this Sony thing.

Comment

While Ps5 are only available through scalper's, guess now at least Linux users might buy accessories

Comment

Can anyone please explain how SDL supports the device without the kernel driver? Also how would a program use the device through this driver. To clarify, as I am clueless regarding the kernel programming, is there a user API for the driver?
                Last edited by zoomblab; 25 December 2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orphis View Post
                  My guess is that they want to have their PS Now service available from a browser and they want ChromeOS devices to be able to use all the functionality from their controllers.
                  There's a reason why Sony has been pushing the WebHID specs to support their devices features.
                  Din ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by m1cha View Post
                    Not quite since manufacturers only use LTS versions - and often not even the latest one.(I'd not be surprised about new phones shipping with 4.9).
                    Why should the maker of XPeria phones care which kernel versions their competition uses? Sony phones are among the most AOSP friendly devices out there: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/

Sony phones have long had the ability to pair PlayStation controllers out of the box. My former XPeria XZ Premium had an option to pair Dual Shock 4 controllers.

Their TVs also run Linux and they support PlayStation now on competitor's TVs like Samsung (who use Tizen).

They use FreeBSD on PlayStation and Linux literally everywhere else. The only platform they hardly care about is Windows after they sold Vaio.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Well, for one, they allow streaming PlayStation games to Android phones, and control them over Bluetooth. Maybe that's just furthering this line of thought, for Android boxes, TVs, etc... Though it might take some time to trickle down, it could be backported.
                      Yeah I suspected the same when they first announced it. That and hiring Feral's lead Vulkan engineer point to some Android gaming related thing - either their TVs, some kind of streaming device or their phones.

Comment

Working...
                      X