Linux 5.11 Adding New Driver For Another Budget-Friendly, LCD Character Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlau View Post
    When I was at university, every 2nd semester student had to program these with software-generated i2c over gpio pins. fun times...
    I only got to work on a much more basic LCD + FPGA. Whatever those 2nd sem students did sure sounds more practically useful than what I was thought......

Comment

Hm, so does this use different drivers than the old 16x2 LCD? I'm pretty sure I've seen Linux boxes with console output redirected/copied to an external I2C 16x2 since like 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

I only got to work on a much more basic LCD + FPGA. Whatever those 2nd sem students did sure sounds more practically useful than what I was thought......
        we did FPGAs (with VHDL) as well starting from 1st semester. near the end of 6th semester we were given the task to design a complete cpu core around a given set of assembler instructions. we then had to synthesize the HDL and were graded based on core's ability to execute professor's test programs (we also had to write a simple assembler) and the design's critical path length. to me this was the most fun part of all 8 semesters.

Comment

Working...
        X