Cincoze GM-1000 - A Rugged, GPU-Focused, Fan-Less Industrial Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincoze GM-1000 - A Rugged, GPU-Focused, Fan-Less Industrial Computer

Phoronix: Cincoze GM-1000 - A Rugged, GPU-Focused, Fan-Less Industrial Computer

Cincoze is a brand we previously haven't tested at Phoronix but is a Taiwanese manufacturer of embedded computers. The company's recently introduced GM-1000 is advertised as a "Machine Vision Embedded Computer" geared for a variety of industrial applications in being constructed within a well engineered aluminum enclosure that is fan-less thanks to an array of heatpipes and chassis serving as a heatsink while offering MXM-based GPU expansion and a total system power budget of up to 360 Watts.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=29678
    Last edited by Michael; 11 November 2020, 07:08 AM.

In before all the comments complaining about how it's Intel+Nvidia, as though this is supposed to be used as an everyday desktop PC.

Comment

The one detail I'm missing is the price for both the base version and the tested one.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        In before all the comments complaining about how it's Intel+Nvidia, as though this is supposed to be used as an everyday desktop PC.
        Don't forget:
        • An unemployed college student can't afford it, so it's "too expensive".
        • Why isn't it based on RISC-V instead?
        • Blah blah rant about GNOME / KDE / X11 / Wayland
        Did I miss any others? Are we still complaining about systemd?

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
          Don't forget:
          • An unemployed college student can't afford it, so it's "too expensive".
          • Why isn't it based on RISC-V instead?
          • Blah blah rant about GNOME / KDE / X11 / Wayland
          Did I miss any others? Are we still complaining about systemd?
          maybe because the missing standarts? Why using a cpu and them nothing works or is compatible?

Comment

intel+nvidia = 1.21 ji-ga-watts.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
              maybe because the missing standarts? Why using a cpu and them nothing works or is compatible?
              What exactly is incompatible with this PC in a way that matters to an industrial environment?

Comment

Originally posted by cyberwizzard View Post
                The one detail I'm missing is the price for both the base version and the tested one.
                Agreed. I found the manufacturer page. Looks like max 64GB of RAM. Not too bad. Looks like there are a lot of options, including the possibility of an AMD MXM. Seems like both the listed MXM cards are only 4GB; better than expected but less than hoped. But for this, everything comes down to price.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  What exactly is incompatible with this PC in a way that matters to an industrial environment?
                  linux

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    linux
                    Sorry but in the x86 based embedded industry, Windows is actually surprisingly popular and no one cares for a blob driver less Linux. Of course thats diffrent on the ARM side but x86, especially Intel has quite a strong foot in this industry.

Comment

Working...
                    X