Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Guessing there are some firmware woes with the 980 PRO under Linux but haven't yet seen anything to confirm that.
    Hey Michael.

As a premium subscriber, is there any chance I can ask you to do a quick re-benchmark of the 980 Pro with the new firmware released a few days ago (see reddit, new firmware is apparently 2B2QGXA7)? I'm quite curious to see if it fixes the anomalously bad performance you encountered in this article.
    Last edited by intelfx; 27 February 2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

Hey Michael.

As a premium subscriber, is there any chance I can ask you to do a quick re-benchmark of the 980 Pro with the new firmware released a few days ago (see reddit, new firmware is apparently 2B2QGXA7)? I'm quite curious to see if it fixes the anomalously bad performance you encountered in this article.
      It doesn't. I've updated the firmware, write speeds terribly slow.

Comment

Interestingly, there's a Linux benchmark tool - KDiskMart - which takes on the specifics of testing SSDs. It gives much different results, which correspond better to the claimed performance of 980 Pro. Wondering if really the test suits used here, as well as Gnome Disks benchmark, or hdparm really are relevant to the modern SSDs?

Comment

Working...
        X