No announcement yet.

Corsair Power Supplies May Soon See Sensor Support Exposed Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really nice. Having every component in the system reporting metrics is a good idea.

I'd really appreciate it if hardware vendors could agree on a protocol and interface and just bake this into the next motherboard connector (with optional implementation?) so that I don't need yet another damn cable to route in my case, though. Also should probably be I2C/SMBus or something like that in the long run instead of USB.

Comment

Originally posted by Akiko View Post
      Oh wow, this is an odd feeling to show up here. I'm actually that independent developer. Btw, the protocol used by the RMi/HXi PSUs is Corsair iCUE and the Corsair LINK is used by the water coolers, some fan control hubs and some AXi PSUs (but not all). It is a bit different from the iCUE one. There is no support for the AXi series, because I cant figure out what models (usb ids) exists and which one use the iCUE protocol.

I'm aware of these (and some more). Though the trick is to write a driver that complies to the kernel standards. This patch up there is actually the 4th or 5th revision and is already outdated.
      Thank you for making the patch.

The protocol is definitely different with AXi (1600 in my case). It reports amps used per connector (every power connector the PSU has, like PCI-E power connectors) and allows setting individual OCP values for them (default and max is 20A).

Comment

Corsair iCUE, has replaced Corsair LINK, for all Corsair products.

Comment

I don't know, I have no access to this hardware. I only have access to a HX850i psu. What I know about the AXi series is, that only the AX1500i and AX1600i have the usb connector, so I'm pretty sure the driver already works for them. You only need to add the proper usb ids at the end of the driver. The other AX PSUs (like the one in the picture of the article) have a serial port connector, so no usb hid protocol and no chance to get them into mainline.
          My AX1200i also has the USB connector (called the Corsair Link USB Dongle in the manual) as well as a "Corsair Link Digital Interface cable" which I assume is for connecting to a Corsair Commander. If I can provide any details to help add support for the AXi series, please let me know!

Comment

Oh wow, this is an odd feeling to show up here. I'm actually that independent developer. Btw, the protocol used by the RMi/HXi PSUs is Corsair iCUE and the Corsair LINK is used by the water coolers, some fan control hubs and some AXi PSUs (but not all). It is a bit different from the iCUE one. There is no support for the AXi series, because I cant figure out what models (usb ids) exists and which one use the iCUE protocol.

I'm aware of these (and some more). Though the trick is to write a driver that complies to the kernel standards. This patch up there is actually the 4th or 5th revision and is already outdated.
            This is great to have in kernel. Thank you for your efforts!

One request: I notice is the Link software shows input and output power usage, thereby being able to calculate efficiency (see image). Is this possible to include?

Comment

Originally posted by gabber View Post
              Nice, anybody using this ?
              Yes, me:

Code:
              Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1b1c:1c0c Corsair RM850i Power Supply

ls /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon9/

curr1_input curr2_input curr3_input curr4_input device fan1_label in0_label in1_label in2_label in3_label power power1_label
              power2_label power3_label power4_label temp1_input temp2_input uevent curr1_label curr2_label curr3_label curr4_label
              fan1_input in0_input in1_input in2_input in3_input name power1_input power2_input power3_input power4_input
              subsystem temp1_label temp2_label

cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon9/power3_input
              cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon9/power3_label
              power +5v

Comment

Originally posted by mbar View Post

Yes, me:
                And me. Using `sensors` makes the output a bit neater:

Code:
                voltage supply: 230.00 V   
                voltage 12v:     12.08 V  (min =  +8.41 V, max = +15.59 V)
                voltage 5v:       5.00 V  (min =  +3.50 V, max =  +6.50 V)
                voltage 3.3v:     3.31 V  (min =  +2.31 V, max =  +4.30 V)
                fan rpm:           0 RPM
                temp1:           +45.8°C  (high = +70.0°C)
                temp2:           +36.0°C  (high = +70.0°C)
                power total:    158.00 W   
                power 12v:      140.00 W   
                power 5v:        21.50 W   
                power 3.3v:       6.50 W   
                current 12v:     13.25 A  (max = +100.00 A)
                current 5v:       4.44 A  (max = +40.00 A)
                current 3.3v:     2.19 A  (max = +40.00 A)

Comment

Working...
                X