Linux Patch Proposed To Double Raspberry Pi 4 Transfer Speed To eMMC/SD Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Doesn't hybrid sleep consume more battery than S3 suspend?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding hybrid sleep. I thought that one was for going into S3 suspend for a period of time with a timer set. If that timer gets hit, the system writes memory/state to disk and goes into hibernate mode.

As opposed to Modern Standby, which is an active sleep state where the CPU package is still actually awake, but in a low-power mode. The system can still process background tasks/push notifications/etc and can even still be connected to the network (basically what your phone does when the screen is turned off).

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Maybe I'm misunderstanding hybrid sleep. I thought that one was for going into S3 suspend for a period of time with a timer set. If that timer gets hit, the system writes memory/state to disk and goes into hibernate mode.

As opposed to Modern Standby, which is an active sleep state where the CPU package is still actually awake, but in a low-power mode. The system can still process background tasks/push notifications/etc and can even still be connected to the network (basically what your phone does when the screen is turned off).
      Ah, I thought hybrid sleep and Modern Standby were the same. Got to go read up on that.

Comment

Working...
      X