X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evasb
    replied
    trackpoint, please

Description of the feature A good trackpad is valuable, but many prefer the thinkpad-style "trackpoint" ("joystick" between the ghb keys plus physical buttons below the spacebar). Don't follow the ...

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by nranger View Post

You are definitely not the only one given the community of Thinkpad users that swear be the classic 7 row keyboard from the T series pre-T430.
    exactly, I'm once in a while using the T60...splendid. I have heard chiclet came up when Apple did their unibody thing. I hope that one day the pre-chiclet will come back. for me typing on chiclet feels like typing on a calculator...

Leave a comment:

• nranger
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    btw Am I the only one missing the pre chiclet notebook keys? (the ones looking like flat mechnucal ones.) every time i sit in front of a "vintage" it feels like a massage
    You are definitely not the only one given the community of Thinkpad users that swear be the classic 7 row keyboard from the T series pre-T430.

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied
    I am interested to see what they come up with, I think System76 have a good idea of what people actually want in a world where most companies are just selling crap.

And I don't need a new computer so it would be nice to be able to support them with something else.

Leave a comment:

• Mez'
    replied
    Originally posted by dreamer_ View Post
    Oh, yes: System 76, please include trackpoint in your new keyboard design…
    Please don't.
    Unless it is part of a customization. Then do. The more people are satisfied, the merrier.
    I hope that "empowering you to fully customize your keyboard to your whims" will give us just that, a decent number of options so that we are fully empowered. The opposite of Gnome.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Junior
    replied
    This keyboard will respect my freedom?

Leave a comment:

• nh2_
    replied
    Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
    TrackPoint IV patents are expired now, just saying. I wish someone would actually try competing with Lenovo.
    Already happening: https://tex.com.tw/products/shinobi

Custom keyboard with mechanical switches, closely following the original, non-chiclet Thinkpad keybaord layout, and it has a trackpoint.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    btw Am I the only one missing the pre chiclet notebook keys? (the ones looking like flat mechnucal ones.) every time i sit in front of a "vintage" it feels like a massage

Leave a comment:

• bdog
    replied
    Go System76! I love you guys!

Leave a comment:

• bregma
    replied
    Mechanical clicky MX Cherry Blue individually backlit rainbow LED keys. Choice of brass, leather, or polished wood trim. Maybe a few steam pipes or alternatively an acanthus leaf scrollwork package.

Keyboards shouldn't be boring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X