• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    lateo

• lateo
    replied
    Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

You've tried TypeMatrix?
    Got one ! Not perfect, yet much better than standard.
    We need someone to show the way in the laptop market. There's no reason not to.

Leave a comment:

• Azpegath

• Azpegath
    replied
    Originally posted by lateo View Post
    Orthogonal/matrix keyboard please.
    Screw the typewriter inheritance.
    You've tried TypeMatrix?

Leave a comment:

• damonlynch

• damonlynch
    replied
    I'm surely not the only developer here who uses a Kinesis Advantage2 keyboard. I've been using it or one of its predecessors since the mid-90s.

Leave a comment:

• lateo

• lateo
    replied
    Orthogonal/matrix keyboard please.
    Screw the typewriter inheritance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mechanix View Post
    Buckling spring, please.
    Unless someone designs such switches in a standard housing, it makes little sense to make such a design as it locks you out from different switches with different feel. I'm not interested in a keyboard that's not linear as I don't like having any tactile bump when I type.

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    I'll pay money for a good scissor-switch keyboard with a solid full-metal chassis (not Apple's half-hearted nonsense with a metal shell on top and a plastic base), white LED key backlighting and a trackpoint.
    If you're desperate, SK 8855 already exists, but has been out of production for a while and used ones tend to be too expensive for that they are.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow

• Sonadow
    replied
    What the hell, i hope it's not a mechanical keyboard with RGB gamerfaggotry vomited all over it.

I'll pay money for a good scissor-switch keyboard with a solid full-metal chassis (not Apple's half-hearted nonsense with a metal shell on top and a plastic base), white LED key backlighting and a trackpoint.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel

• nuetzel
    replied
    Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
    Make a copy of MS ergonomic keyboard 4000 with mechanical cherry blue switches and I'll be happy like a pig in the shite
    'blue'? - 'brown'!

Leave a comment:

• Mechanix

• Mechanix
    replied
    Buckling spring, please.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

They do? Every time I open a System76 article, it's nothing but "OH GOOD, MORE CLEVO REBRANDING!!!". Don't get me wrong: I love System76, but they don't make many products themselves...
    to a certein extend yes. but desktop (thelios case), software is good and their spirit is right - afaik they are about to develop their own non clevo lineup.... I'm sure this will take some time.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I miss that too. My current Lenovo ThinkPad has, IMHO, the best notebook keyboard of any notebook out there, but it's still nowhere near the feeling of pre-chiclet. I wish they'd just put the ThinkPad Anniversary keyboard on the rest of the lineup.
    yes true the actual thinkpad series has some good chiclet ones but as pointed out by you not compareable to the pre-chiclet generation.....now we have 10 years(?) of chiclet and almost no improvement ...more or less. the pushing down feels better but the "gap and edge" design is still the same
    CochainComplex
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 31 July 2020, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X