System76 Talks Up Their Forthcoming Linux Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
    Make a copy of MS ergonomic keyboard 4000 with mechanical cherry blue switches and I'll be happy like a pig in the shite
    'blue'? - 'brown'!

Comment

What the hell, i hope it's not a mechanical keyboard with RGB gamerfaggotry vomited all over it.

I'll pay money for a good scissor-switch keyboard with a solid full-metal chassis (not Apple's half-hearted nonsense with a metal shell on top and a plastic base), white LED key backlighting and a trackpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanix View Post
        Buckling spring, please.
        Unless someone designs such switches in a standard housing, it makes little sense to make such a design as it locks you out from different switches with different feel. I'm not interested in a keyboard that's not linear as I don't like having any tactile bump when I type.

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        I'll pay money for a good scissor-switch keyboard with a solid full-metal chassis (not Apple's half-hearted nonsense with a metal shell on top and a plastic base), white LED key backlighting and a trackpoint.
        If you're desperate, SK 8855 already exists, but has been out of production for a while and used ones tend to be too expensive for that they are.

Comment

Orthogonal/matrix keyboard please.
          Screw the typewriter inheritance.

Comment

I'm surely not the only developer here who uses a Kinesis Advantage2 keyboard. I've been using it or one of its predecessors since the mid-90s.

Comment

Originally posted by lateo View Post
              Orthogonal/matrix keyboard please.
              Screw the typewriter inheritance.
              You've tried TypeMatrix?

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

You've tried TypeMatrix?
                Got one ! Not perfect, yet much better than standard.
                We need someone to show the way in the laptop market. There's no reason not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

If you're desperate, SK 8855 already exists, but has been out of production for a while and used ones tend to be too expensive for that they are.
                  I own one, it is nice. My daughter hogs it.

Comment

Working...
                  X