Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Talks Up Their Forthcoming Linux Keyboard

Phoronix: System76 Talks Up Their Forthcoming Linux Keyboard

Following in the steps of their hand-crafted Thelio desktops manufactured in-house in Colorado, Linux PC vendor System76 is also working to not only manufacture their own laptops but also other components like their own keyboard...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Keyboard-Hype

TrackPoint IV patents are expired now, just saying. I wish someone would actually try competing with Lenovo.

Comment

Oh, yes: System 76, please include trackpoint in your new keyboard design…

Comment

Make a copy of MS ergonomic keyboard 4000 with mechanical cherry blue switches and I'll be happy like a pig in the shite

Comment

I'll give up my 1986 IBM Model M when they pry it from my cold dead hands. That said, system76 has a reputation for thoughtful design and high quality manufacturing, so I am curious to see what they come up with.

Comment

I wish someone would create a good mechanical keyboard with an integrated LCDProc-compatible display (like the Logitech G15 2nd edition). It is a killer feature for me that I have in daily use, though the G15 isn't mechanical... Together with an open FIrmware, the keyboard would have no competition on the market. I hope my 12 y/o G15 can make it until then.

Comment

e-paper keycaps that automatically switch with your keyboard layout, mechanical keys, volume/brightness rockers/nobs, and can split in the middle.

Comment

Interesting, they seem to actually try to do something different than a standard 102 keyboard. Great!

I love my TypeMatrix 2030 EZ-Reach, I have 6 of them. Or perhaps even more... The keyboard is blank and I have the Swedish Dvorak layout on the soft skin that is put on top of it (also preventing crap from going into the keyboard).
                I love that it is fast to type on, has a great straight layout (not staggered keys) and that it is silent to type on.

Comment

Mechanical clicky MX Cherry Blue individually backlit rainbow LED keys. Choice of brass, leather, or polished wood trim. Maybe a few steam pipes or alternatively an acanthus leaf scrollwork package.

Keyboards shouldn't be boring.

Comment

Go System76! I love you guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X