Linux 5.7-ck1 Released With MuQSS 0.202 For Improved System Responsiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.7-ck1 Released With MuQSS 0.202 For Improved System Responsiveness

Phoronix: Linux 5.7-ck1 Released With MuQSS 0.202 For Improved System Responsiveness

While Linux 5.6-ck1 was much delayed due to Dr. Con Kolivas being busy designing COVID-19 equipment, that work has settled down and the retired anaesthetist is out with his newest Linux patches for improving system responsiveness...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Until somebody makes a .deb version so I can install it on my Ubuntu based distro, I don't think I will ever try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Until somebody makes a .deb version so I can install it on my Ubuntu based distro, I don't think I will ever try it.
      The "Liquorix" kernel package is using MuQSS. That's what you could install to try it. Just search for "liquorix" on the Ubuntu PPA page, and you'll find the PPA.

Comment

Liquorix debs for *buntu distros are found here and for the patriarch here.

Another a la carte kernel to keep an eye on is the XanMod which now uses another off-menu scheduler, the BMQ (Phoronix has article about it). Vanilla debs are here.

I've used both with no issues to report, although I don't have any proprietary modules to complicate life.

Comment

Any chance we can get some gaming benchmarks with this kernel?

Comment

using xanmod (self-compiled no prebuild deb) - works nice for me. running on two systems* (one with 5.7 the otherone with 5.4) no issues so far.

*popos

Comment

Working...
            X