Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHI: Linux 5.7 Getting A New Bus From Qualcomm

Phoronix: MHI: Linux 5.7 Getting A New Bus From Qualcomm

Linux 5.7 will support the MHI protocol developed by Qualcomm as part of the new kernel bus being introduced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great to see Qualcomm upstream some code, I hope they upstream much more.
    Often phones use very old versions of the Linux kernel with out-of-tree patches, and its not possible to upgrade to new kernels.
    I would like to see much better support in the Linux mainline kernel for Qualcomm Snapdragon system-on-chip.

Comment

A bit more details about this new bus: https://www.linaro.org/blog/mhi-bus-...-linux-kernel/

Comment

Nice! I think this will help make Wifi work easier for Snapdragon-based laptops.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          Nice! I think this will help make Wifi work easier for Snapdragon-based laptops.
          WiFi works now even on Linux 5.3.

Comment

Does this mean that the modem will just be a peripheral instead of being the main chip? Lesser vulnerabilities due to AT commands?

Comment

Working...
            X