Linux 5.7 Getting Driver To Deal With More Buggy & Funky Looking Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.7 Getting Driver To Deal With More Buggy & Funky Looking Mice

Phoronix: Linux 5.7 Getting Driver To Deal With More Buggy & Funky Looking Mice

Linux 5.7 continues the trend of the community taking up new drivers being created to support different peripherals under Linux that amount to dealing with quirky/buggy behavior of the hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am still pissed they took the driver for my touch pad on my laptop out and now I have to use a mouse to use my laptop.

Comment

Which distro and model of laptop do you use? Maybe there is a kernel module available.

Comment

The branding on that mouse made me chuckle a bit. Is perfect for the kids that took sides on gaming "gang" a bit too seriously.

Meanwhile I'm playing indie games on a old AMD A8 APU on my version of the SteamBox...

Comment

Anything goes as long as it's targeted to gamers. Seems like the "PC Master Race" is just as dumb as the guys they stole that moniker from.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
            Anything goes as long as it's targeted to gamers. Seems like the "PC Master Race" is just as dumb as the guys they stole that moniker from.
            Most people who identify as "gamers" tend to be kids and teenagers. And obviously there is a ton of money to be made selling superficial things to those young people.

Comment

i just don't get how anybody could want holes in their mouse...
              But besides that it's always nice to have more support ^^

Comment

Slow news day?
                Stupid PC gaming hardware broken, some nice guy lands fix for Linux, adding to the zillion other fixes for stupid hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
                  i just don't get how anybody could want holes in their mouse...
                  But besides that it's always nice to have more support ^^
                  Holes in mouse == better air flow == higher frame rates

Comment

I don't understand the need for a patch to support these: all buttons on the O- already work well on (at least) vanilla kernels 5.4.x, 5.3.x, 5.2.x...

It's a great mouse for the more serious players of the fastest fps games, eg Xonotic and Warsow. So is any ultra light mouse with a very flexible cable, but this was the lightest one in stock here when my deathadder buttons failed. Obviously the holes are to shave off a few grams, and the old deathadder does feel like a brick with glue under it, compared to this.

If you have one, it can be configured in Linux with this program (by Xonotic player malice): https://gitlab.com/derpmalicious/magnificent (tested only with firmware 1.0.9).
                    This program allows some settings that you can't access in the manufacturer's windows program.

Comment

Working...
                    X