Linux 5.7 Getting Driver To Deal With More Buggy & Funky Looking Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
    I am still pissed they took the driver for my touch pad on my laptop out and now I have to use a mouse to use my laptop.
    I have a Synaptics Touchpad in my laptop (Dell XPS 7390 2-in-1), but the best driver for it is actually the generic "hid-multitouch" driver. I don't compile the native Synaptics driver into my kernel, but if you don't build your own kernel maybe blacklisting the "real" driver for your kernel and using the multitouch one instead might work?

Comment

When I was looking for a new mouse I considered getting one of those. The holes actually put me off because I figured it would be harder to clean. If muck gets in the holes it's going to take extra attention to clean them out. A normal mouse you can just wipe down.

Currently I'm using a Zowie mouse. Before that I had a Steelseries Kinzu. I've had a great experience with both brands. They're high quality products. They both work fine under all the GNU-Linux distros I've tried too.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Holes in mouse == better air flow == higher frame rates
        Actually it's mostly about the weight of the mouse. A lighter mouse is easier to control and using holes and honeycomb structure you can reduce the weight without
        Making the mouse less sturdy. So yea there is a reason for it and overall the mice have been fairly well received.

Comment

Originally posted by kcrudup View Post
          I have a Synaptics Touchpad in my laptop (Dell XPS 7390 2-in-1), but the best driver for it is actually the generic "hid-multitouch" driver. I don't compile the native Synaptics driver into my kernel, but if you don't build your own kernel maybe blacklisting the "real" driver for your kernel and using the multitouch one instead might work?
          Yes I have a synaptics as well. There is a legacy synaptics driver that I have tried with no success but I will give your idea a try. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post

Actually it's mostly about the weight of the mouse. A lighter mouse is easier to control and using holes and honeycomb structure you can reduce the weight without
            Making the mouse less sturdy. So yea there is a reason for it and overall the mice have been fairly well received.
            About weight? How... Rather make mouse empty in the inside, than make holes into it... However, usually man's hands need something bit heavier,.. so this mouse is mostly for kids, or smaller and lighter men. I'm using currently G602, and it doesn't have any holes,...

Comment

Originally posted by qlum View Post
              lol, those holes have nothing to do with weight, just like those leds

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                lol, those holes have nothing to do with weight, just like those leds
                It's the mouse version of a fast n furious honda. The stereo subwoofers and huge wing bolted to the trunk lid make it "faster". lol.

Comment

Why?

Just tell people to get working mice ffs.

There can't be *that* many users of this shitty off-brand mouse for it to warrant a workaround, surely?

Comment

Working...
                  X