Linux 5.7 Picking Up Support For A High-End USB-C Audio Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That's because there are too damn many general purpose desktop distributions.
    I'm not sure where you are getting this info from, my info comes directly from Focusrite:
    "Our products are primarily designed for audio recording and music production. Whilst some DAWs are compatible with Linux the majority currently only operate on Windows & macOS which is why our focus is on providing products that are compatible with those operating systems."

Source: https://twitter.com/WeAreFocusrite/s...85683302473728

Comment

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

I'm not sure where you are getting this info from, my info comes directly from Focusrite:
      "Our products are primarily designed for audio recording and music production. Whilst some DAWs are compatible with Linux the majority currently only operate on Windows & macOS which is why our focus is on providing products that are compatible with those operating systems."

Source: https://twitter.com/WeAreFocusrite/s...85683302473728
      So you reply to my anecdote of "there are too many general purpose Linux distributions" with "we only support Windows and macOS"?

The amount of products with lines similar to "We only support Windows and macOS", any industry, not just audio components, is where I'm getting my info from.

You literally provided evidence that supports that anecdote.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        You literally provided evidence that supports that anecdote.
        I literally did not.

Comment

I received my 1810c this morning.
          Recognised out of the box on Linux by ALSA (kernel 5.6.19) but not on PulseAudio :'(

Moved few hours later to kernel 5.7.5 -> fully working =D
          What a pleasure !

Comment

Working...
          X