Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winkowski
    replied
    Site works fine over here.... www.tigerdirect.com

And I am sure there are more than a few people who could use
    Office 2007.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    Hello All...

Tiger Direct is running a pretty special on Office 2007.

Give these sku's a look

M17-7802
    M17-7804
    M17-7806

Office Basic for only $169.99

Please email if you are interested.
    [email protected]
    You guys might want to fix your site before posting skus

Code:
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Microsoft VBScript runtime [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]error '800a0e7d'[/SIZE][/FONT] 
     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Unknown runtime error[/SIZE][/FONT] 
     [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/include/getsql.asp[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2], line 468[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]

and you can't be seriously advertising MS Office in a linux forum for sale....

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Office 2007 Prices

Hello All...

Tiger Direct is running a pretty special on Office 2007.

Give these sku's a look

M17-7802
    M17-7804
    M17-7806

Office Basic for only $169.99

Please email if you are interested.
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Honestly, I have never found Tigerdirect cheaper on anything that I can buy locally at a privately owned local computer shop. They are far from the cheapest outlet.

Leave a comment:

• SarahKH
    replied
    Interesting to note that www.tigerdirectsucks.org points to tiger direct.

Not that I'd buy from them as A) I'm in the UK and b) 10min drive from Novatech

Leave a comment:

• sloggerKhan
    replied
    One thing I'm surprised nobody's mentioned is product search features. I find that I tend to almost always go newegg, and I've found that using other websites, even if they might have parts I could use at good prices, it's not easy to find them. As an example, say I want to find ALL monitors on TigerDirect and that are 20"-24" with 16:10 aspect ratio.... I can't do it easily. Instead I'm presented with list of categories that I have to traverse separately. It's really stupid. And it's pretty much the same with any given product. Instead of being able to search for the given set of features you want, you have to browse through categories. Nobody in their right mind wants to shop that way. When I go to get a computer part, I want to see all available parts with a minimum feature set and maximum price and go from there. Newegg's advanced search does this well. TigerDirect doesn't have anything close.
    Last edited by sloggerKhan; 12 May 2008, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by npcomplete View Post

But to be honest, in some cases it's understandable if you're paying extra for support or have a contract or a some kind of special account.. although I still laugh at the orders of magnitude difference in the levels of service though.. like between Dell Gold service vs. standard service

It is true,,, My best coporate customers who do 1 Million a year, get there a$$ wiped by me if they asked. I try to extend the good service to all, even the people on this board... But the big spenders to get top priority... It happens at all levels and simply just makes sense.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• npcomplete
    replied
    I've used tigerdirect before and didn't experience a problem that time, though the situation was entirely normal. I've also used lots other small online shops with varying experiences, just to hunt for some special part or get something at a discount. But like others, I tend to stick with just newegg now. They've always shipped same or next day, and have the most hassle free RMA process I've come across for an online shop.

I think it's good that TigerDirect is trying to help regular customers out (well, in here at least).. because in my experience dealing with customer service of various companies like CDW and Dell, both as a normal shopper and as a corporate customer from work, there is HUGE difference between corporate service and normal customer service.

But to be honest, in some cases it's understandable if you're paying extra for support or have a contract or a some kind of special account.. although I still laugh at the orders of magnitude difference in the levels of service though.. like between Dell Gold service vs. standard service

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    Sorry to hear that...

Dennis G. Winkowski
    Senior Corporate Account Manager
    TigerDirect
    Tel: 888-327-4719
    Fax: 305-415-4345
    [email protected]

https://biz.tigerdirect.com

Check this deal out.

$249.99 HP 22"
    Call me and let me save you some more money

Dennis G. Winkowski
    TigerDirect
    [email][email protected]

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by man_bash View Post
    As one of those living in Canada, I cannot help but completely remove TD from stores I'd buy from. Whatever the price is in the USD, the price in CAD is 22% higher! Nowhere near proper exchange rate, as today 1 USD = 1.014 CAD. I could understand 5%, but not 22% exchange rate. You are trying to make too much money from canadians, as a result you'll get none of our business. I vote with my money-> www.canadacomputers.com, where the pricing is fair. 20% price jack seems just plain..... wrong.
    Sorry to hear that...

Dennis G. Winkowski
    TigerDirect
    [email protected]

https://biz.tigerdirect.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X