Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man_bash
    replied
    22% exchange???

As one of those living in Canada, I cannot help but completely remove TD from stores I'd buy from. Whatever the price is in the USD, the price in CAD is 22% higher! Nowhere near proper exchange rate, as today 1 USD = 1.014 CAD. I could understand 5%, but not 22% exchange rate. You are trying to make too much money from canadians, as a result you'll get none of our business. I vote with my money-> www.canadacomputers.com, where the pricing is fair. 20% price jack seems just plain..... wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dcarpenter85
    replied
    Strictly Newegg for me. I have made over 20 purchases from Newegg over the past 4 years and I have never had a single issue, from checkout to delivery.

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by aerosquid View Post
    I've used Tiger Direct for lots of stuff over the years. The only problems I've ever had with them was not getting my mail in rebates but it's been at least 2 years since that was an issue. I think Tiger Direct has gotten MUCH better and I now count them as a top tier e-tailer.

/just my .02
    I agree with you on the rebates. We used to use a third party company called OnRebate.. It was pretty bad and since Oct. 07, we have dumped them and now only use Manufacturer rebates and our own instant rebates, (no paperwork)

Tiger Direct is making some good strides, just bought out 17 CompUSA stores, so if you go to CompUsa.com you will see it overlayed with TigerDirect inventory.. Parent company is Systemax (SYX) and it is a US based and full operation mini Dell... Worth a look.

I enjoy it here and at the end of the day it is the same Man# parts a person buys, it basically is a matter of price and service...

Leave a comment:

• aerosquid
    replied
    I've used Tiger Direct for lots of stuff over the years. The only problems I've ever had with them was not getting my mail in rebates but it's been at least 2 years since that was an issue. I think Tiger Direct has gotten MUCH better and I now count them as a top tier e-tailer.

/just my .02

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by cypherpunks View Post
    Okay, call me impressed. The biggest PITA about building the box I really want is chasing all over the net for the components I want and then trying to juggle shipping prices and schedules. That memory?I really couldn't find another equivalent?was being highly annoying.

I often go to newegg just because they have everything I want (e.g. 186 rackmount cases from 19 manufacturers, while tigerdirect has 22, from 2), and even if I lose a bit on cost by buying it all there, I gain on combined shipping, reduced hassle, and the fact that I know they aren't assholes about RMAs.

In this case, newegg doesn't list what I need, so I was looking at new vendors like excaliberpc. But if I can just pick the parts I want (another obscure one is the Koutech KW-223NE 4x serial + 1x parallel PCIe card, NewEgg #N82E16815201013), this could be a nice thing. Since what's listed on tigerdirect.com is not a limit, are there any guidelines on what I can shop for? For now, I'm just going by "available from multiple retailers".

I might just try this and see what happens. ATM, I'm thinking about rack-mount cases (I love my Supermicro CSE-833T, but I need something quieter here) and deciding between a 3.0 GHz E8400/E3110 dual-core and a 2.4 GHz quad-core.

I may be quiet for a few days (this upgrade isn't urgent), but I'll definitely call you.

Thank you!

Here is what I can offer. If you can take the time to get me the Manufacturer part numbers you are looking for I will run them through my channels and get you my best price. Don't limit me to what see on just Tigerdirect.com We have a business site https://biz.tigerdirect.com and I pull from big disti's like Ingram, Tech Data, Synnex, etc...

I have my channels to get products. I will do what I can do get you the most aggressive pricing, and you just have to compare it and see if it works for you.

I am here to make it easier on you, and going through one place and saving on shipping is a good perk... Our warehouse is in IL, just an fyi.

Keep me posted.

Leave a comment:

• cypherpunks
    replied
    Okay, I'm impressed.

Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    Good Morning,
    For Man# KVR800D2E5K2_4G my price to you is $137.00 currently have 108 in stock.

Let me know of just give me a call 888-327-4719
    Okay, call me impressed. The biggest PITA about building the box I really want is chasing all over the net for the components I want and then trying to juggle shipping prices and schedules. That memory?I really couldn't find another equivalent?was being highly annoying.

I often go to newegg just because they have everything I want (e.g. 186 rackmount cases from 19 manufacturers, while tigerdirect has 22, from 2), and even if I lose a bit on cost by buying it all there, I gain on combined shipping, reduced hassle, and the fact that I know they aren't assholes about RMAs.

In this case, newegg doesn't list what I need, so I was looking at new vendors like excaliberpc. But if I can just pick the parts I want (another obscure one is the Koutech KW-223NE 4x serial + 1x parallel PCIe card, NewEgg #N82E16815201013), this could be a nice thing. Since what's listed on tigerdirect.com is not a limit, are there any guidelines on what I can shop for? For now, I'm just going by "available from multiple retailers".

I might just try this and see what happens. ATM, I'm thinking about rack-mount cases (I love my Supermicro CSE-833T, but I need something quieter here) and deciding between a 3.0 GHz E8400/E3110 dual-core and a 2.4 GHz quad-core.

I may be quiet for a few days (this upgrade isn't urgent), but I'll definitely call you.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by cypherpunks View Post
    Okay, try this...

I am selecting parts for a new server ATM, and one thing I want is 2x Kingston KVR800D2E5K2/4G, which is the same as 4x KVR800D2E5/2G. (2 GB unbuffered PC2-6400 with ECC. I'd take any manufacturer, but only Kingston seems to make it.)

Aside: the fact that nobody else makes it is surprising; at sea level, you can expect at least one cosmic-ray-induced soft error burst per gigabyte per month. So if I want my server stable and not corrupting data for more than a week, I need ECC memory. But I don't want it any slower than necessary.

Good Morning,
    For Man# KVR800D2E5K2_4G my price to you is $137.00 currently have 108 in stock.

Let me know of just give me a call 888-327-4719

Leave a comment:

• cypherpunks
    replied
    Okay, just out of curiosity...

Basically, the next time you want to order something, get me involved. If you have a New Egg part number or manufacturer part number, send it my way and I will give you my best price.
    Okay, try this...

I am selecting parts for a new server ATM, and one thing I want is 2x Kingston KVR800D2E5K2/4G, which is the same as 4x KVR800D2E5/2G. (2 GB unbuffered PC2-6400 with ECC. I'd take any manufacturer, but only Kingston seems to make it.)

Aside: the fact that nobody else makes it is surprising; at sea level, you can expect at least one cosmic-ray-induced soft error burst per gigabyte per month. So if I want my server stable and not corrupting data for more than a week, I need ECC memory. But I don't want it any slower than necessary.

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Originally posted by Panix View Post
    Okay, pm me what you can do.
    Basically, the next time you want to order something, get me involved. If you have a New Egg part number or manufacturer part number, send it my way and I will give you my best price.

We have great deals all of the time but if you are looking for something specific, this is where I can really help. We have access to huge Vendors like Tech Data, Ingram, Synnex, a lot more than people think.

I would be happy to help you or anyone else out.

Dennis

Leave a comment:

• Panix
    replied
    I am here to help you or anyone on this forum.
    If you need a product let me know, I will get you my best price. If it doesn't work properly for you, I will return and send another one out ASAP. It is quit simple. Let me know show you another side of Tiger Direct.

Dennis
    888-327-4719
    [email protected]
    Okay, pm me what you can do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X