Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phoronix forums

This is a known issue actually... i am fairly certain that if you have xvideo output enabled on various applications like vlc, mplayer or other software that supports Xvideo you'll also see the same bug.

Comment

Well, after contacting tigerdirect i can now agree with the topic of this thread. I wanted to buy some of the cool items they have, which were cheap for AGP video cards, but since im abroad, i contacted about international shipping. They only accept wire transfers for international orders, no international credit/debit cards, paypal, nothing. This attitude says to me that they dont give a rat's ass about the rest of the world, since wire transfers are expensive to make, something they probably know but dont care. So yes, i would tell to everyone reading this, DONT SHOP AT TIGERDIRECT.COM.

Comment

Bump.

I have moved offices to our Raleigh, NC office.

If anyone needs help in any manner give me a try. I will always do what I can.

If you like Tiger Direct - Great buy from me.
        If you don't, let me help correct that!

Dennis Winkowski
        866-310-8183
        [email protected]

Comment

TigerDirect first impressions

I was traveling through Dallas and stopped at a TigerDirect retail store. I wanted to check out a couple of things. I visited the rest room after looking around and was appalled at what I saw.

Toilet paper rolls were laying on the floor around the toilet. These were the big industrial size rolls. Funny thing. The toilet paper dispensers held the small rolls but were empty. The large rolls were on the floor next to the toilet.

Paper towels were scattered all over the floor. The large paper towel rolls were sitting on top of the counter next to the sink. The paper towel dispenser was empty.

I thought I was in some truck stop rest room. I couldn't believe my eyes. I suppose they save money on toilet paper, paper towels, and rest room cleaning services. Hopefully they are passing those savings unto us.

Below is a link that will show the photos I took in the rest room.

Michael

Comment

It depends on what you're looking for

I have at least 5 years experience shopping online for "linux desktop geek" parts for myself. I have always found the best pricing at the egg. I have had a really good experience with about 12 orders and 3 RMAs there. The service is excellent. And yes, they also get bad reviews. I read lots of both good and bad reviews. However, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you need a very specific part, I suggest looking at TigerDirect also. They are usually a close second. I also like to look at compuvest.com for their gigantic load of odd and surplus parts.

My 4Kb
            petlab

Comment

Thanks and Noted

Originally posted by mleeds237 View Post
              I was traveling through Dallas and stopped at a TigerDirect retail store. I wanted to check out a couple of things. I visited the rest room after looking around and was appalled at what I saw.

Below is a link that will show the photos I took in the rest room.
              Michael
              http://img801.imageshack.us/slidesho...574168qu7.smil

Thanks for bringing that up. I have sent it up the appropriate people.
              I agree, it is the small things that make lasting impressions.

Your post is noted and I hope the next time you visit, it is corrected.

Dennis Winkowski
              866-310-8183
              [email protected]
              Last edited by winkowski; 31 August 2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by petlab View Post
                . If you need a very specific part, I suggest looking at TigerDirect also. They are usually a close second.
                My 4Kb
                petlab

Petlab & Others,

If you need anything from Tiger Direct, please shoot me an email or give me a call.
                I will be happy to bump us into First place.

Dennis Winkowski
                B2B Corp Account Manager
                866-310-8183
                [email protected]

Comment

All e-tailers are "bad" for somebody

I've used Tiger Direct for several years, bought probably close to a couple of thousands of bucks worth of pc parts and networking gear, and I haven't really run into any serious issues either with the stuff they sell (which they don't make, obviously), or their support for the rare occasions when something was DOA.

Some of the cheap gear I've bought has crappy build quality and drivers (again T-D doesn't have anything to do with that), but I can generally get it to do what I bought it for. If not, I can eat the (pretty small) loss.

Considering T-D's low prices, I expect they are operating on pretty thin margins, are chronically understaffed, their staff is underpaid, and they probably have considerable staff turnover, meaning any given person you may have to deal with may not be particularly experienced or motivated.

That's the reality of discount retailing. If you can't handle that reality, I suggest you take your business elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mleeds237 View Post
                    Yeah, but this is every public restroom in Texas.

Comment

I've had decent experiences with TigerDirect. My previous desktop (which I'm using right now to post this; it's a full-fledged Linux machine now) was a pre-built Cybertron PC brand that I bought from TigerDirect for around 600-700 dollars (no OS pre-installed; I've not seen many other retailers offer this option for a pre-built system.) It was quite a bargain for what I was looking for.
                      I usually use NewEgg now, but still go to TigerDirect from time to time. I've not used the TD rebate system so I can't comment on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X