Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winkowski
    replied
    Thanks and Noted

Originally posted by mleeds237 View Post
    I was traveling through Dallas and stopped at a TigerDirect retail store. I wanted to check out a couple of things. I visited the rest room after looking around and was appalled at what I saw.

Below is a link that will show the photos I took in the rest room.
    Michael
    http://img801.imageshack.us/slidesho...574168qu7.smil

Thanks for bringing that up. I have sent it up the appropriate people.
    I agree, it is the small things that make lasting impressions.

Your post is noted and I hope the next time you visit, it is corrected.

Dennis Winkowski
    866-310-8183
    [email protected]
    Last edited by winkowski; 31 August 2011, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• petlab
    replied
    It depends on what you're looking for

I have at least 5 years experience shopping online for "linux desktop geek" parts for myself. I have always found the best pricing at the egg. I have had a really good experience with about 12 orders and 3 RMAs there. The service is excellent. And yes, they also get bad reviews. I read lots of both good and bad reviews. However, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you need a very specific part, I suggest looking at TigerDirect also. They are usually a close second. I also like to look at compuvest.com for their gigantic load of odd and surplus parts.

My 4Kb
    petlab

Leave a comment:

• mleeds237
    replied
    TigerDirect first impressions

I was traveling through Dallas and stopped at a TigerDirect retail store. I wanted to check out a couple of things. I visited the rest room after looking around and was appalled at what I saw.

Toilet paper rolls were laying on the floor around the toilet. These were the big industrial size rolls. Funny thing. The toilet paper dispensers held the small rolls but were empty. The large rolls were on the floor next to the toilet.

Paper towels were scattered all over the floor. The large paper towel rolls were sitting on top of the counter next to the sink. The paper towel dispenser was empty.

I thought I was in some truck stop rest room. I couldn't believe my eyes. I suppose they save money on toilet paper, paper towels, and rest room cleaning services. Hopefully they are passing those savings unto us.

Below is a link that will show the photos I took in the rest room.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    Bump.

I have moved offices to our Raleigh, NC office.

If anyone needs help in any manner give me a try. I will always do what I can.

If you like Tiger Direct - Great buy from me.
    If you don't, let me help correct that!

Dennis Winkowski
    866-310-8183
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• xav1r
    replied
    Well, after contacting tigerdirect i can now agree with the topic of this thread. I wanted to buy some of the cool items they have, which were cheap for AGP video cards, but since im abroad, i contacted about international shipping. They only accept wire transfers for international orders, no international credit/debit cards, paypal, nothing. This attitude says to me that they dont give a rat's ass about the rest of the world, since wire transfers are expensive to make, something they probably know but dont care. So yes, i would tell to everyone reading this, DONT SHOP AT TIGERDIRECT.COM.

Leave a comment:

• Energy Recruitment
    replied
    phoronix forums

This is a known issue actually... i am fairly certain that if you have xvideo output enabled on various applications like vlc, mplayer or other software that supports Xvideo you'll also see the same bug.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    I think the plans are to keep the Comp name. (Not 100%, it is above my pay grade)
    Yeah, I think they are keeping the CompUSA name... I was at the Tiger Direct press party in Las Vegas during CES and that's what they had announced it would be.

Leave a comment:

• winkowski
    replied
    [QUOTE=LenS;33870]Interesting thread. As mentioned by sloggerKhan, .
    That said, Tigerdirect has GREAT prices on UPSes. I have three and they are still doing their jobs. No problems in 4 years, despite many power failures out in the Florida swamps. :-) The one time I did need customer service they seemed eager to please and did.
    QUOTE]

Nice Post, I will make my bosses aware of the New Egg search style, not sure how far that will go, but I will try.

NewEgg is a good company on price, but they have a very slack customer service department and do not have the capabilities to accept business Purchase Orders.

BTW, our warehouse is in Naperville, IL and we just adjusted all of our shipping cost, I agree they were a little high, but check us out now as they have come down.

We recently bought CompUSA, so you should start seeing more of a Tiger Presence in the Retail Market, even though I think the plans are to keep the Comp name. (Not 100%, it is above my pay grade)

Cheers, and hope people will give Tiger a second look.

Leave a comment:

• LenS
    replied
    Interesting thread. As mentioned by sloggerKhan, Newegg's advanced search feature is a MAJOR attraction and always makes them my first stop. It makes it very east to examine components to find the combination of features I need, or at least the best combination available. (hint, hint, Mr. Winkowski). Their shipping is low to reasonable and fast too.

That said, Tigerdirect has GREAT prices on UPSes. I have three and they are still doing their jobs. No problems in 4 years, despite many power failures out in the Florida swamps. :-) The one time I did need customer service they seemed eager to please and did.

For things like SATA, IDE cables, fans, etc. coolerguys.com has good prices and fast shipping, though cross country shipping costs are high.

I like that resellerratings.com site. Newegg is 9.86/6month and 9.74/lifetime now. Tigerdirect is 7.91/6month and 6.93/lifetime now, not sure where the 4.xx came from.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by winkowski View Post
    Yeah, but in Canada...
    Ok, I really have to get back to work.
    Nope in US too, in fact I rarely deal with the Canadian market.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X