Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiger Direct Is Horrible / What Is Your Favorite Online Retailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    Some of those horror stories sounds familiar. I ordered some ram from Zip Zoom Fly Once.
    1 stick was bad it took 4 days to get an rma number. I marked the stick that was bad by putting
    a small piece of paper. It took them 2 weeks to respond after receiving the item. They said they tested the sticks and they were fine and offed to ship them back or refund minus the 15% restocking fee. I took the items back I was not about to eat 15% of almost 300$. I contacted Corsair while they were being shipped back had an rma number waiting. 1 day after Corsair received them I got an e-mail saying that the stick I marked was bad and the replacements were on the way. I forwarded that e-mail back to the person and asked them how it could have passed their tests and told them I would never do buisness with them again as well as let everyone I knew to beware. Total time down on building my new comp 28 days plus 40$ shipping.

Newegg is the only place I shop for comp parts now.
    Purchase with an AmEx card. If they try to charge you the 15%, just call AmEx and dispute it as DOA merchandise.

I had almost the EXACT same issue. AmEx made them refund not only the full cost, but all the shipping. I was told if they didn't send a pre-paid mailer to just keep the memory.

...anyone want to buy some PC133?

Comment

Tiger Direct's side of it all.

Hello All,

I work for Tiger Direct, and to defend what I feel is a great company.

1.) Tiger Direct ships out between 2-4 million dollars a day. We have some bogus/fraud accounts out there, so if you order something and ship it elsewhere that causes a problem for a first-timer, especially when it is over the web and the first order.

I work in the Coporate Sales side and I try to give all of my customers superior service. If you have a need for something, get me involved and see what I can do for you!

Shoot me an email or give me a call.
      Dennis
      888-327-4719
      [email protected]

Comment

Well for what it's worth, I'm also a NewEgg fanboy. Every time I've tried to save a couple of bucks or get some new CPU a couple of days early b/c some etailer purported to have it in stock, I've always regretted it.

As to Tiger Direct, I have never heard nice things about them. Maybe Tiger Direct has turned around or is on the way to turning around, but they've got their work cut out for them. There was a time when OCZ had a fairly poor reputation, but managed to turn that around with alot of hard work and proven results. Most of the hardware enthusiasts around Phoronix and Anandtech are not corporate level customers. Perhaps what Tiger Direct needs is to apply some of their corporate level customer service to the people who don't have million dollar corporate budgets. That's what I feel I get with NewEgg and that's why they get my business even if somebody beats them on price by a couple of bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by immudium View Post
          Well for what it's worth, I'm also a NewEgg fanboy. Every time I've tried to save a couple of bucks or get some new CPU a couple of days early b/c some etailer purported to have it in stock, I've always regretted it.

As to Tiger Direct, I have never heard nice things about them. Maybe Tiger Direct has turned around or is on the way to turning around, but they've got their work cut out for them. There was a time when OCZ had a fairly poor reputation, but managed to turn that around with alot of hard work and proven results. Most of the hardware enthusiasts around Phoronix and Anandtech are not corporate level customers. Perhaps what Tiger Direct needs is to apply some of their corporate level customer service to the people who don't have million dollar corporate budgets. That's what I feel I get with NewEgg and that's why they get my business even if somebody beats them on price by a couple of bucks.

Understandable, but that is what I am trying to do here. If you are looking for a particular part and you want a price, let me know... Corporate or Not, I am simply trying to help out. Tiger Direct, New Egg, CDW, we all basically pick from the same lot. What is most important is who you deal with and how reliable the entire transaction is. I am still a non corporate computer kid, working for a large technology company. Anything I can do to bridge that gap would be a success. No matter how big or small, I just like to help out. So if you need me, just a post a reply.

Comment

I like NewEgg, too, but you must read their return/exchange policies very carefully, especially for video cards, motherboards, CPUs and memory. Not something that will be particularly troublesome for honest people experiencing real problems, but it's evident they have seen a great deal of fraud in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by rbmorse View Post
              I like NewEgg, too, but you must read their return/exchange policies very carefully, especially for video cards, motherboards, CPUs and memory. Not something that will be particularly troublesome for honest people experiencing real problems, but it's evident they have seen a great deal of fraud in the past.
              That is the biggest problem with NewEgg, they are really don't have account reps to help you out. I will take back anything. 45 days later, it becomes a problem but it is still not impossible. My entire job is to make my customers happy. We also take Purchase Orders where NewEgg does not. Granted NewEgg does have some really good pricing on some products, I use them sometimes, but overall experience and satisfaction Tiger Direct's business department is trying to really cater toward the end user experience. It makes good sense, and hopefully it will change all the way around.

Big companies like Tiger, you often only hear the negative, but it is still a solid company to deal with and I would be happy to give anyone that opportunity to show them.

Comment

Reasons to buy from newegg:
                Prompt shipping.
                Some of the lowest prices.
                Least amount of hassle.

even if the price is a bit higher still buy from newegg.
                You might ask why? because I have never had an issue with newegg. even when replacing an item. (I have done that 2 times through newegg. (DOA)

Comment

NCIX is pretty much the only place I buy from. They are a Canadian company and I know they ship to Canada and the USA but Im not sure if they have international shipping available.

Comment

New Egg all the way. I don't generally look at any other E-Tailer for anything else since their prices usually tend to be higher like TigerDirect.

Comment

Originally posted by Compxpert View Post
                      New Egg all the way. I don't generally look at any other E-Tailer for anything else since their prices usually tend to be higher like TigerDirect.
                      Throw me a part number and I will give you my best price. Why pay full price?

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                      X