X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dispat0r
    replied
    Originally posted by numacross View Post
    I hope this is well tested because there are some caveats even with using hddtemp on a HDD that's currently asleep or in low power mode. Depending on the drive type and manufacturer it can work fine, silently fail or in the worst case spin the drive up unnecessarily.
    Lets hope that isn't the case. I use smartd(smartmon) which removes sleeping drives automatically.

Leave a comment:

• numacross
    replied
    I hope this is well tested because there are some caveats even with using hddtemp on a HDD that's currently asleep or in low power mode. Depending on the drive type and manufacturer it can work fine, silently fail or in the worst case spin the drive up unnecessarily.

Leave a comment:

• Linux In 2020 Can Finally Provide Sane Monitoring Of SATA Drive Temperatures

Phoronix: Linux In 2020 Can Finally Provide Sane Monitoring Of SATA Drive Temperatures

Here is another long overdue kernel change... For more than a decade there have been patches trying to get SATA/SCSI drive temperature monitoring working nicely within the Linux kernel but none of that work ever made it through for mainlining. That has left various user-space tools to provide the functionality, but in doing so that has required root access and not to mention the need to first install said utilities. Well, with Linux 5.6 in 2020, there is finally a proper drive temperature driver for disks and solid-state drives with temperature sensors...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nel-SATA-Temps
Working...
X