MintBox3 Now Shipping As Fan-Less Small Form Factor Linux Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muncrief View Post

If it's a priority just get a Ryzen 3900X and a fanless case. And still get all the benefits I mentioned above.

Really, I can't envision any legitimate reason for any Linux distribution to support Intel/NVIDIA in this day and age. After all AMD has done for open source, combined with the power and value of their current CPUs and GPUs, I just can't.
    If you're *that* much into open source, then why advocate for AMD? What you want is RISC-V.

Comment

LOL, that's apples to oranges. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post

Yes, I was talking about Intel's price/performance, and insecure processors. You are of course correct about them being open source friendly, but they've been financially raping consumers for years with their outrageous prices. and their ME is infamously insecure. If you read my original post you'll see I separated the two different companies, only stating that NVIDIA was the Emperor Palpatine of open source.
        Because PSP never had any design flaws? Guess again: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/de...zen,36657.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If you're *that* much into open source, then why advocate for AMD? What you want is RISC-V.
          Huh? Okay, I see we've said all we have to say relevant to the subject, since now you want to change it

Comment

Working...
          X